Why did my dad pick you?

Her eyes locked with mine as I look from the last step to ahead of me. I smiled feeling awkward. She smiled back, but her perfect teeth peeked through.
"How's school" Julia asked.
It was a typical grown up question and quite frankly hearing that for 12 years makes me wanna vomit.
"Great" I say in the most sarcastic way.
She laughed finally picking up on my stand off ish vibe.
We both look around to see if my dad was around, but of course he was no where to be found.
"Fuck, Andy" I say under my breath.
"So where do you work" I ask Julia while guiding her to my all white sectional in the living room.
"Your dad hasn't told you" Julia asked as we sat down together.
"No.." I say looking confused. I didn't even know her name until a few seconds ago.
"I work for a talent agency" she smiled.
"My family has been in show business all my life" she continued.
"Who's you're family" I ask not having a clue who or what she is.
"My dad is a legendary singer. I didn't really want to be in lime light, but I love Hollywood"
All of sudden I found something that finally interest me about her. All my life I loved to sing. My mom used to call me birdie because I reminded her of a song bird. I used to sing all the time, but I haven't as much since mom passed away.
"That's awesome" I say
"Your dad told me you can sing too"
I blushed.
"Come on don't be shy" Julia said grabbing my thigh.
Suddenly I felt an weird feeling in my stomach.
Just then my dad walked in.
"You girls look hungry" he said so excited.
We ate at the dinner table and actually had good conversation.
But for some reason the vibe was different, was I digging Julia?
———————————————————————-
One of the last thing I did before my mom died was come out to her. It was the summer before freshman year and I knew it was time. I sat her down and told about my bisexuality. She didn't care and that's why I never cared about others opinions. So yeah I've dated hella girls some gay, some tall, some weird, some butch... but never old.
————————————————————————

At the end of dinner I was stuffed. We had a good night and my dad even let me have a glass of wine. After Julia left I felt relieved. Partly because I finally knew who was taking my dad away and partly because the whole night I wanted to play footsies with her under the table. Washing the dishes next to him I ask
"Why her dad? You never brought someone home before"
"Because she's special" he says the happiest I ever seen him.
"indeed she is" I reply