Awkward Encounters

After Julia met Lana, you could tell the awkwardness in the room.Lana, being the smart ass she is, quickly got the memo of what we were doing.
"Oh goody, there's wine!" Lana runs to the table and drinking my cup.
"Make yourself comfortable" I say to Lana encouraging her to sit down. She sat in the lounge chair across from the sofa.
"So..." Lana says
"So..." I repeat sitting across from Lana next to Julia
We all looked at each other hoping the other had anything to say.
"So Lana, how's senior year going" Julia smiled
"Great..." she stopped and put on a mischievous smile. "I'm so happy you are here Julia. You know I was just checking on Diana to make sure she was fine. I was so sad to hear about Andy, but he's lucky to have you to console Diana." 
"Well you and I both know Diana is a special girl." Julia replied.
"I bet you do know" she chuckled while taking a sip of my drink. I looked at her sternly. Lana was horrible at keeping secrets and not stirring the pot.
"What does that mean" Julia asked curiously
"You know what Lana! I just forgot I have a paper due tomorrow, I should finish it shouldn't l" I said quicker than lighting
"Oh friend! How you failed to mention that on the phone. I should go" she says in the fakest tone she could.
"At least you got your wine fix" Julia said in a snarky way
"Incredible time meeting you" Lana said with her smart ass essence.
I shook my head walking Lana to the door.
"You couldn't had made it less awkward?"
"I get nervous when I know too much, you know that..." she laughed "next time I'll come mentally prepared and oh yeah... STONED" she said while opening the door. We put up our peace signs as I closed the front door for her.