❤️ CRUSH • Oumota • Fluff ❤️

Set After the Game - Characters are back to attending Hopes Peak Academy as regular students

Third Person
Kaito had been walking around the halls of Hopes Peak Academy since the school day had ended, which was about an hour ago, but he wasn't really sure. He had nothing better to do, so he just decided to start walking aimlessly through the quiet halls of the academy. He enjoyed being lost in thought and the occasional run-in with a friend.

Then, a while ago, he'd made the fatal mistake of walking into the vicinity of Kokichi Ouma. So, for the last 15 minutes or so, Kokichi had been following the astronaut around the empty halls, destroying all chances of peace with just his presence alone. Despite, his turn around during the killing game, Kokichi still lied alot and was, in Maki's words 'an annoying little brat'. However, for some reason, a small part of him enjoyed his company, but not enough to want him to be there.

"Look, Kokichi," Kaito stated, "Don't you have anything you should be doing right now? You're with Shuichi, right? Why don't you go see him?" Kokichi thought for a second before replying.
"Ok, first of all, no, I have nothing else to do! Which means I get to hang out with you!" He replied. Kaito wondered what Kokichi's definition of 'hanging out' was before the boy continued.
"Secondly, no, I'm not with Shuichi. I am completely, 100% single!" Kokichi continued, with a smile that seemed almost forced.
"Really? I thought you were into him? Or have you just not told him?" Kaito questioned, ending with a smirk.
"Nah, I'm just not into him. Don't get me wrong, he's so hot you could cook eggs on his ass, and I'd take his cummies any day!" Kaito blushed slightly at the sexual turn. "But I just don't see him in that way, I just wouldn't want to date him. Besides, I have crush on someone waaaaaay hotter than Shui-" Kokichi froze. He'd just told his crush that he had a crush. Now he just knew that Kaito would turn to him and reply by saying-
"A crush? Who is it? Promise I won't tell." Kaito replied, turning his head, suddenly interested. His response had matched Kokichi's  idea of what he'd say perfectly, and it terrified him. After a couple of seconds of Kokichi not replying, Kaito finally spoke up.
"Is it a guy?" Kaito asked intently, causing Kokichi to blush slightly. He knew there was no point in denying his crushes sex, so he quickly nodded. Kaito smiled.
"Lemme quess, Rantaro, right?"
"Too chill."
"Kiibo?"
"Too air-headed."
"Shinguji?"
"Too creepy."
"Ryouma?"
"He killed a guy."
"Yeah, too dangerous, Gonta?"
Kokichi shook his head. This was getting awkward. Kokichi felt the lump in his throat grow. Kaito saw this as an opportunity and jokingly leant down to kokichi's ear and whispered "is it me?"

Upon hearing those words in his ear, Kokichi stumbled and his face turned a deep shade of red as he stuttered.
"W-w-waaah! N-n-no o-o-of c-course n-not! W-w-why would I like y-y-you?!" Kokichi spluttered, struggling to tell a lie for the first time in his life. Kaito instantly got the feeling that Kokichi was lying, but was much more interested by the cuteness of the boys stuttering. Suddenly, he felt a whole load of repressed feelings towards the boy rise up and hit him with the force of a truck. He could barely contain himself. Then, the question he hadn't even thought about in months arose.
Could Kokichi actually like him that way?
"Kokichi, I know your lying, your stuttering like crazy." Kokichi looked away, he couldn't bring himself to look at the taller boy as he felt his world crumbling around him.
"Tell me the truth. Do you like me?"
There was no answer.

Unable to control himself any longer, Kaito grabbed the boy by the shoulders and yanked him against the wall. Kokichi was confused, kinda scared and, in some strange way, aroused. "K-k-k," Kokichi stuttered, "Kaito, w-w-what a-are yo-" The boy was cut off by Kaito's soft and tender lips on his own. Kokichi quickly melted into the kiss. It felt sweet. It felt warm. It felt right. However, Kaito knew he needed to pull away at some point. Because as much as he wanted to stay like this forever, he needed an answer. He pulled away, locking eyes with the purple haired leader.
"K-K-Kaito, w-why-"
"Because I like you, ok!" Kaito blurted out, tears prickling at the corners of his eyes, "I tried not to but I can't help it.  I'm so fucking head over heels for you! So I just need to know if you feel the same way about me, a-a-and I don't care if you don't because that's your choi-"
"Jeez, your such an emotional wreck for me." Kokichi interrupted, suddenly regaining his confidence. Kaito looked up at the boy, only to be blinded by his smile.
"Well, since it's my turn to interrupt, you should know that-" Kokichi took a deep breath, "I like you too, Kaito. Like, alot." Kaito let a tear roll down his face before Kokichi pulled the astronaut back in for another tender kiss.

[929 words]

Welp, that was the first fanfic I've ever wrote, and I felt great writing it. Feel free to tell me if it was terrible or not and to send in chapter suggestions! :)