Scars

Izuku has lots of scars. All of the boys know this, besides Mineta ("Why would I look at boys when there are perfectly good boobs just a wall away?!"). But the girls didn't know about the scars. They knew about the ones on his arm. That's about it.

So, the day at the pool was a bit jarring for them. Their thoughts were scattered, most being That's a lot of scars and What the actual hell.

Mina, obviously, was the one to ask him about them. Not rudely just, "Mido, you have a lot of scars! Can you tell us about them?"

"Sure," His reply was steady and sure, unlike other times he had talked to her. It was a little off putting.

"So what about this one?" Asui pointed towards a scar that vaguely resembled a six point star.

"I got that from falling off of a five foot tall concrete wall that surrounded the park I was at. I had a chunk of rock stuck there. I was six." He laughed as he recounted the stupid dare he had got up there on.

That shocked them. Based on what they had seen, Midoriya was shy and awkward, a bit like a small dog. He always seemed to analyze his choices, so to hear him be so reckless was odd.

"Oo, what about this one?" Mina pointed to one shaped like a crack in the side walk.

"I sliced my shoulder on a metal pole that i had been pushed into. I was twelve."

"And this one?" It was on his back and it resembled an explosion. It was very large, and he remembered very vividly how he received that one.

"We were thirteen. He got angry and attacked me. He let loose a little too much and his explosion took out my kidney and a huge chunk of my back. I had to go to the hospital, I was there for about a month before I was stable enough to be released. He never hit me after that, in fact for about three months he avoided me like the plague. He didn't start saying anything to me for most of the following year. I was told that I nearly died twice because the explosion hit three major arteries and damaged my intestines and stomach." His voice had gone oddly cold and calm, like the air before a storm. His eyes were sharp and focused. They weren't teary, like the girl expected, but completely clear. He was glaring at Bakugou's back, with an intensity that would rival the blond himself.

"Wait." Mina and Jirou looked a bit offended, but mostly confused, "Bakugou did that?"

"Hmm? Oh," Midoriya turned his head back to the girls, his face softening into a light confusion. "Yeah, but it was two years ago, and I've moved on. I don't care anymore."

"Did he apologize?" It was the first thing out of Uraraka's mouth. Her eyes were sharp and hot.

Midoriya was silent. His eyes were cast downward, his hands fiddling. He mumbled something, but only Jirou caught it.

"He what?!" The girl with earphone jacks for ear lobes stood, knocking over the chair she was sitting in. "Tell me, right now that he apologized."

"He didn't." Midoriya looked up, this time it was what they expected. Eyes, laden with tears, he whispered out, "He did the opposite."

"What the hell did he do, Izuku?" Everyone turned to look at Hagakure, the invisible girl having been silent the whole time, who was standing. They could feel the anger rolling off of her.

"He said that he'd be more careful next time, make sure to leave scars, but never damage me too much." Izuku then looked up sharply, tears gone from his eyes. "But listen."

The girls continued to talk amongst themselves, about what an ass Bakugou was and how villainous that had been.

"Sit down!"

Most did, whether out of shock from the small green haired boy yelling, or the tone of his voice. By now, the boys had noticed and started to listen in. After all, its not every day that you see the class cinnamon roll angry.

"He has apologized, sincerely. He's getting better. If I hear one bad word from you guys about him, especially when I'm done here, I can and will beat you into the ground next time we spar. Don't forget that I've analyzed your quirks and I know all of your weaknesses. He is getting better. He knows he still has a lot to make up for and he most definitely doesn't need you going around spreading rumors and making him feel worse than he already does. So, if you have a problem, you can fucking fight me."

None of the words were screamed. They were spoken loud enough to be heard by those around him, and they were calm, and almost as cold as when he was talking about the scar. Not only was it his tone, but his words and eyes that sent his point across.

His eyes were sharp and cold, calculating and cruel. He could and would ruin them, if he had to. His eyes told them he was dead serious.

His words. Well one word. Fucking. Izuku, no matter his temper or thoughts on the topic, never cussed. Ever. This was the first time anyone had heard him cuss. (Except for Bakugou. Bakugou has dealt with Izuku and his temper for years. You don't fuck with Izuku when he's seriously angry.)

"Yes, sir!" Everyone in class practically yelled and all of the girls bowed.

"Thank you. I'll be going now, I need to get home before my mom gets worried. Goodbye, everyone!"

"Bye, Midoriya!"

"Bye, Midoriya-san!"

"Bye, Mido-kun!"

Eighteen varied responses met his ears and he waved as he left.

I do have a lot of scars. I wonder why I never noticed.

~it's edited now.
love,
seph