Chapter Three

"Don't be so conceited." said Isaac behind me.

"The world will continue without you."

- -

First day of my senior high school year, and I am totally plain, wearing white v-necked shirt and old jeans. Also, goodbye to my long dark brown wavy hair. I cut it, pageboy haircut exactly the same just like Hazel Grace Lancaster. Well I get the feeling of acquiring a lung cancer soon. Joke. I just lost all my motivation to be pretty. When did I become pretty?

"Sara! Are you even listening to me?" Anne asked.

I never really talked too much when I'm with her. She & Isaac are just so close and I can't bring myself to open up what I really feel to her. I don't want to think bad stuffs because I trust her, I mean, yeah we broke up but...

"Yeah, I'm sorry I'm just thinking about the book I read last night." I said, taking a bite in the cookie I kept in my bag.

"Omg you already ate 2 packs of cookies! Aren't you getting full?" She looked at me like she's gonna steal my food. "Are you-"

"No." I trailed off, "I'm okay." Convincing myself, I said.

She sighed really loud, looking really sad by my actions. Too bad, I don't care about the 'me' anymore.

"What are you talking about again?" I chuckled, "I'm thinking about superman invading the earth."

"Superman doesn't invade duh, he saves." raising an eyebrow, correcting me.

"Superman is just a made up fictional character, obviously it's for invading people's reality, making them to believe that someone like him can save them, but in reality, no one will." I explained.

"Uh-" she stuttered, "but-"

"You mustn't let yourself fall into that."

She is just looking straight at me, having a speechless face.

After pausing for a few seconds, "Hahaha!" She laughed, "God, Sara. What was that? Mr. Park?"

Mr. Park was our old English teacher in our grade school, he really had a great sense of fighting for what he believes, I kinda like that. Though he's weird. Real weird.

I grimaced, "No way."

We both laughed. Our superman conversation kinda lift up my heavy feelings. Anne is really my bestfriend after all, that's why even though there's a part of me thinking my 'what ifs', I really do trust her no matter what.

She talked about for a bit about what she was really doing with Isaac near the Starbucks, how the car almost hit me and why she didn't texted me for about three days.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"What? It's okay."

"I know it's really not good for me to be around Isaac, especially when you two broke up," she sighed softly, "but I can't leave him."

Hearing that, my smile's slowly fading away. My mind is trying to process her 'can't leave him' phrase. What was that for? She cannot leave him because?

She looked down, "his heart..."

I'm getting tensioned, clenching my fist, looking really worried. Hundred possibilities of 'heart' word are now entering my brain. Approximately I think 1000000000 of my brain cells are functioning right now, waiting for her to continue what she'll say.