Chapter Four

The pain was excruciating. I woke up covering myself in a thick blanket and piled myself up with huge pillows. The tears are still there and I know that I look like a real zombie right now. I hear my mom's voice outside my room. "You're selfish." Isaac's voice is echoing in my ears. Is this right? I just can't keep this up no more. It hurts.

"Kirsten Sara, open the door." said Mom, continuously knocking at the door.

"Mom, I'm fine."

"You're dad is here."

When I heard 'dad' I slowly opened my eyes, keeping up the strength all I got just to stand up. I checked my cellphone and I had 5 text messages from Anne.

Hey Sara sorry for what happened!

u goin to school tom?

why are u absent? R u sick?

I ate alone

WHERE R U ANSWER MY CALLS OMG !!

Wow. She was probably worried because I was absent yesterday, but it's not really because of Isaac that I didn't go to school but I seriously had a terrible headache last night, probably because I cried too much. I bet my grades will fall this semester too. I was always the top one of the class ever since. Dad's working in an advertising company in Los Angeles so I wonder what's he doing here.

So I went down with my mom as she supports my arm because I feel like falling. I saw Jack, Mom's friend in her work sitting at the couch.

"Good morning Sara. Long time no see!" Jack smiled, looking really energetic.

"Morning." I tried my best to smile despite the heavy feeling in my head.

"You cut your hair? Looks cool, still beautiful." he complimented.

I looked around, "Uhm, thanks." I was expecting for Dad's face to come out and see me. After 2 years of my parents' struggle, I really had a bad time adjusting alone. Dad is so close to me, When I was a little kid, we used to play together, go into a park and he would lift me up, throw me up in the air, swaying and dancing. He loved singing a song for me before I sleep, and he kisses mom in front of me, like an indirect message that true love exists but when he started working in Los Angeles, he lost all the time for us. He was always tired and he can't even say 'hi' to my mom, and worse case scenario came, he brought a drunk woman at home telling my mom that she's his friend. That woman suddenly kissed him in front of mom so that's when shit happened in their love.

Remembering that, I suddenly feel uncomfortable.

"Hey baby." A voice called beside me, followed by a gentle tap on my head.

"Dad?"

I turned around and it was him. He embraced me so tight and gave me a big goofy smile. He's warm, the feeling of being safe is with him. He lifted me up and kissed me in the forehead like a little kid. I'm 5'3 and he's 6 flat and he looks really different from those 30's father. How awesome.

"Sara you gained weight!" He teased, poking my head.

"Aw dad!"

"Ralph, scold your daughter & stop spoiling her. She's a big girl now." Mom raised an eyebrow, "She was absent in school yesterday."

"It's okay Samantha, she' still a baby for me."

It is cool that my name was originated from SAmantha & RAlph equals Sara. Cheesy yet cool.

"Dad I'm not a baby anymore!" I said, pouting, acting like a cutie.

He laughed, "Oh yeah right, you already have a hot guy beside you. What's his name again? Isa.. Isaiah?"