Chapter Five

I don't want yet to die.

I don't want yet to die, please.

"She's alright Mrs. Greene." A woman said in a very calm way.

Then I heard the voice of my mom, "Oh God thanks."

Am I still alive?

I feel my body, stagnantly dead. I can't even move even the tip of my finger. Is this a nightmare? The scent of a hospital room, the beep of the machine and the voices of the people surrounding me, and at this very crucial moment that I don't even know what's happening to me, all I know is that I need to wake up, for my Dad who just recently came, for my Mom who's really for sure terrified if I'm going to stay like this.

"When will she wake up?" Mom asked.

"Don't worry, she's just sleeping. She's just anemic."

Anemic? Seriously? I was anemic last year, but I somehow managed to be okay. But is this right? Why am I here again? Questions are now popping in my head. I felt like a puzzle, ready to solve. My perplexity is like on a 101% buff... But now's the time to hold on, I need to break from my own thoughts.

Wake up Sara... Wake up.

Hearing the noises around, miraculously I managed to slowly open my eyes. First I thing I saw, is the beige ceiling and the dextrose beside me.

"M-mom?" I mumbled softly.

She came to hold my hands right away, sobbing, tears are obvious in her eyes, kissing my face repeatedly. I reached upon her arms and smiled, I was okay... I was feeling okay. She brushed my hair with her fingers but I noticed that it took so long.

What?

I stopped her hands and saw my hair on it. It's my long hazel colored hair. Just like my hair few years ago. Is this some kind of a shitty joke? How come my hair grew so long? I'm terrified. I could think about nothing but fear.

"M-mom? What happened?" I asked, my voice was slightly shaking.

"Nothing baby. You just fainted while playing football with your friends." She replied.

"Play? Football?" my eyes widened, "Mom I stopped playing football a year ago!"

She gave me a confused look, "Baby... Are you okay?"

"Mom, I'm way better than okay!" I tried to stand up, like trying to pull myself from a gravitational field.

God am I dreaming?

I stopped for a little, trying to recall what happened.

Memories came back, flashing like a light in my mind. My mom woke me up, Jack & Dad came, I opened up to them because I was depressed from my choice of leaving Isaac. We were supposed to go to my uncle, and I was going to return a book to Mr. Collins.

I saw Hannah. I remembered saying hi to her, and she came running to me... Then?

I took a deep breathe.

"WHERE'S HANNAH?" I nervously asked.

"Hannah? Mr. Collins's daughter? Why?"

"What why? I saved her right?"