The Sleepover

"What I have with you, I don't want with anybody else"

* * * * *     * * * * *     * * * * *     * * * * *     * * * * *       * * * * *     * * * * *     * * * * *     * * * * *     * * * * *

Harry's heart was racing a mile a minute. He had accidentally fallen on top of Hermione while trying to save her from a fall herself, though he'd lost balance and, consequently, land on top of her.

"Sorry." He mumbled nervously under his breath "I lost my balance. I swear I meant to save you."

"It's alright." Hermione breathed "You've already saved me enough times, anymore and I'd be only a little short of becoming a bother."

Harry shook his head. "You could never become a bother, Mione." He said, painfully aware of how close they were. If he'd move as little as an inch, he'd be kissing her...and he wanted to kiss her.

But he didn't know why...it just felt like the right thing to do. Like saying 'bless you' after someone sneezes. You don't know why you're blessing them, you just know it's the right thing to do. That's what kissing her would've been like.

Which was weird to think about in a sense, because he'd gone years convincing himself that she was his best friend, but everything he was feeling in this moment was telling him otherwise.

"It's getting late, isn't it?" Hermione said, shifting uncomfortably underneath Harry. "We should probably head up to bed."

Harry had nearly jumped off her immediately, her words bringing him back to reality. "Yeah, right." He said, offering his hand to help her up.

"Thank you." She said, taking his hand and letting him pull her up. "I'll see you in the morning."

And with that she took off up the stairs, leaving a dumbfounded Harry behind her.

***

Once Hermione had brushed her teeth and gotten ready for bed, she made her way to her room which was across the hall from Harry's.

Though, when trying to open the door, Hermione  found it stuck. She kept trying until she realized it was no use.

"Ugh, Ron!" She said slamming her hand against the wooden door, catching Harry's attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked, walking out of his room facing Hermione.

"Ron's a complete arse is what's wrong!" She yelled "He must have transfigured my door to stay shut so that we'd be forced to share a room."

"Well why don't you just stay in my room, and I can take the couch?" Harry offered.

"No, it's alright I'll sleep on the couch." Hermione shook her head. "You have auror training in the morning. You need the rest."

"Mione, please take the couch or you'll make me feel really bad."

Hermione shook her head. "No, Harry. I can't do that." She said, her cheeks becoming a little red.

"Then it looks like we'll both spend tonight on the floor then..."

"Actually..." Hermione began thinking "I have a better idea."

***

"And that one there is Sirius." Harry said pointing up at the stars. At first, he'd been quite skeptical on Hermione's idea of spending the night outside, though now he was glad he agreed to it.

"I'd never imagine you were so well versed in astrology." Hermione said, her gaze fixed on the stars. "Though, I suppose it makes sense due to your high marks in Divination."

Harry laughed to himself, before turning to Hermione. "Do you wanna know a secret?" He asked

She turned her head slightly to meet his gaze. "Yes, I would."

"Ron and I only did so well in Trewalney's class because we would always predict a horrible future for ourselves...like, saying we'd blow up while the other turns green." Harry said, laughing again. "She said that it was courageous of us to be so accepting of our 'doomed fate'."

Hermione shook her head. "Unbelievable." She said with a smile. "And here I thought you were doing the impossible. Acing a class without my assistance."

"Very funny." He said "But I'll have you know I aced sixth year Potions without any help from you."

Hermione gasped and shot up, sitting up straight. "Do NOT get me started on that stupid book Harry James Potter!" She scolded, only making him laugh.

"Stupid book?" He feigned surprise "Did Miss Hermione Granger just refer to a book as stupid?"

"Oh shut it and get to sleep, alright?" She said "You have Auror training first thing in the morning."

"Alright." Harry said "Night, Mione."

"Good night, Harry."