CHAPTER 1

I smiled looking down at the beauty sitting beside me. He is so precious, the most important part of my life and perhaps the best one. He loves me I know that because his eyes don't have the audacity to lie to me, to deny the spark of excitement he feels when I hug him, the tenderness he makes me feel when I kiss his beautiful eyes. His magnificent body is lying flawlessly at the back seat of this car, his golden fur is shining under the sunshine that is peering through the glass window of car. He is asleep, his tail slipping down from the seat and his face buried nuzzling into my knees. The car jerked and his eyes of a sleeping soldier are now open for admiration- the darkest shade of brown possible with a twig of black line covers his beautiful iris which let him to see the world, his eyes make me believe that maybe this world is viewed different from his sight. I wish I had the eyes of purity which sees the love and innocence in everything he sees. He is a pride retriever with an impressive golden fur that can attract any pair of eyes to look twice at him. The jerk in the car led him to retire from his sleep and now he is sitting from the farthest to me possible and watching the sceneries outside the sprinting car this reminds me of the reality and the real change that is going to slap my face. I am going back to my house after graduating while staying in the hostel. All these years of life never led me to realisation that one day I will be back to this start. The city which was supposed to be my growing home is a stranger to me even the air seems foreign to me. I am few minutes away from my father's house and I cannot explain the irritation that makes me feel. The only thing that I love and want to never forget is my companion right next to me – doodle. His name is doodle because I believe he is the art that is doodled by a miracle, he is the sketch of perfection. Anyways, I am here and woah the car is not moving now. This means the house on the right side of me is the place where I have to stay from now. Something in me is really keen on not moving at all and to just close my eyes for an escape but this is not possible and I have to face it but god I don't want to.

The door of the car is opened by the driver and doodle ran out of the transport with the excitement of his regular nature. I too got out of the car and stared at the door of the new place that was now going to be my home.Home. The door is black adding to the irony that I feel toward this entrance.

I was busy "admiring" my new house or the place where I will stay from now as if I had any choice.

My phone rang in the pocket of my jeans, oh I was not expecting his timing to be this good.

"welcome back jenny" the person spoke from the other side and his masculine voice did nothing to hide his smile which was audible to me.

" Did I have any choice....................dad?" 

" Its good to be home child"

" sure , even when you are going there for the first time, right?'' 

He sighed and I completely felt like a winner after a brief pause of patience maybe he decided to go on the real issue'

"jenny, i am sorry i could not pick you today. I had work  to do "

"priorities are all set ."

"I want you to collect the house keys from our neighbors, the house adjacent to us."      

" No, I won't. I will not talk to any stranger , I am not up for any..."

" You said it right you don't have any choice, now bye"

And with that he hung up in between my sentence. I am not going to interact with any one. As if understanding me, my doodle let out his small bark, sometimes I feel this creature understand everything I say and maybe he judges? That is scary.

I stood in front a closed door , a car full of my luggage and an excited golden retriever with a hungry stomach. After few more minutes of judging the house which was having the key to my hunger, I decided to ring the bell. 

Doodle stood there beside my white sneakers wagging his tail and waiting for the person to open up. 

The door opened revealing a boy and I was about to start with my speech and he bent down to pet doodle. This is the most annoying and adorable thing of this little guy that he is super friendly with everyone. This makes me feel less special. I want to be the only one to make him happy or excited. 

I cleared my throat for the third time and that boy looked up to me with those twinkling eyes holding that stupid adoring gaze probably for doodle.

" What is his name?" he spoke in the most squeaky childlike voice. I forgot to mention he looked around ten or nine and with those dark brown hair and black eyes of curiosity. His sudden stare made me realise his question which I definitely ignored.

" I need the keys for that house' I said pointing to my father's house.  

"But.... We don't sell keys." he spoke almost innocently

" That is my dad's house. forget it, Is there anyone elder at house?"

" I am not a kid, okay!" 

Yeah, you should  start applying for jobs.

Who is at the door harris? a female called from inside the house and then finally appeared at the main door.

Harris is definitely a heavy name for this adult over here.

"Oh, yeah? what is the matter?" The lady asked me and she was maybe in her mid forties.

" That house is of my father's and I need the keys. He might have called you?"

"Oh yes he did. Go Harris grab the keys from the first drawer from the shelf."

The boy ran inside with me and the lady alone. Awkward.

"How are you dear, after a long time."

" um, it is the first time I am here" I tried my best to smile at her extra sweet smile showing all of her teeth.

"Oh okay," 

Awkward.

Harris appeared with the keys and I finally turned to leave from there.

"But what is the name?" That child spoke

"Jennet" I answered without realizing that  he was not asking mine.