CHAPTER 6

The next few days were very silent and free from any kind of non sense to be faced. Harris have managed to not show his face to me in these days. I have applied into the vocal music classes to spend my time. Music is one of the things that I like and want to persuade in future. I am not very good at singing but I like to do that when I am alone or when I am with doodle. 

Dad have been little less annoying these past days and I have been settled here in some ways. 

I went downstairs to get a glass of water when dad entered the kitchen with his luggage.

I shrugged my shoulders to let him know that I am listening.

" I am going out for few days for business. Its important to go jenny"

" Good for you."

" You can call me at any time or you know you can always ask for help from Aaron or Harris."

" I am not a child and dont pretend to be worried for me. I have been fine all these years."

He sighed " Okay, bye"

I followed him and locked the door after he went outside. I sat at the kitchen counter and felt a relief of aloofness after so many days. I was being so pressured with his presence in the house. 

I went upstairs and closed my room after making sure that Doodle was inside and took out my laptop to check the details of the music classes. I was excited to join them and initiate the learning.

I called at the institute to ask about the dates and they confirmed it for tomorrow. I was happy to realize that finally I was going to learn something I like.

I was feeling nice and decided to go on a walk outside for a while. I went downstairs and Doodle followed me like always and we went outside after locking the doors.

I was walking merrily with a hint of smile on my face when a similar face appeared in my way. I was too happy to  be rude and arrogant so I just smiled at him. Harris took my smile as a permission and ran towards me and doodle.

" Hello jennet and doodle!"

" hey kid"

" How are you both? "

" You have not bothered us for a while now so I guess we are fine."

" That was.. because I was not well"

" Oh okay"

" Can I pleaase......?

" Ya go take him but don't run away to the park its late already."

" Oh you are so sweet jenny" and this child hugged me with his small arms and I stood there uncomfortable with not knowing what to do with my arms hanging clutched between his grip hug.

"ya ya leave now."

" Lets go to my house" With that he took my hand and dragged me to his house with doodle obviously following us. 

We entered the house and he told us that his mother was not at home and neither was his brother. I was able to tolerate harris now but his mother and brother were still not acceptable to me.

There house was a home, it was different from dad's house. They had pictures and frames on the walls, the house was warm and filled with the homely feeling and I know the motherly touch was present.

I sat on the couch and he was clicking pictures with doodle. They were looking very happy and my doodie was enjoying too. I took my phone out to click their picture but the power went off. Harris yelled with the lights being off which led doodle being uncomfortable. 

I was fiddling with my phone to turn on the flash when the door bell rang and I could sense harris being scared with that. What a little shit. 

" Go open the door" I pushed his arm 

" You go"

" Its your house"

" That is why I am ordering you to open it.please"

"Fine scared shorty ,Stay here "

I grabbed my phone and went to open the door with the tiny bit of light showing the way. 

" Its me, harris open up" someone spoke from the other side of the door and I opened the door finally without falling in the dark. 

I opened the door and suddenly someone grabbed me and took hold of my waist saying 

" Don't be scared I am here."

This was the voice of the elder brother aaron and wait why the hell was he grabbing my waist and whispering shit to calm me down when he is himself shivering with fear.

" Let go " I managed to say 

" Harris? Oh shit who is this?"

I pulled my body off him and the hall lightened with the electricity at the same moment. 

His face was worth million dollor at that time. He was shocked, scared. amused and embarrassed at the same time.

" Oh let me get some pills for you you are shivering" I teased him 

Getting out from the incident he got himself back and I could see the transformation in his expressions.

" Ya get one for the love at first sight too"

" What?"

" You must have fallen head over heels for me that is why you are here at my house. right doodle? or jennet?'

" Such a funny guy, wow"

Harris entered the room to prevent the further action that could have happened and he explained everything to his idiotic brother. It was so much to handle and I could not stand them anymore so I escaped from their home. Harris was visibly disappointing but I could not accept this conversations for now and I decided to go.