CHAPTER 9

I went back to my house to find Harris and doodle in the backyard. I watched them playing and Harris seemed so happy, he will leave in two days as his holidays will get over. I wish he stayed a little too long. I will miss him and maybe he will too. I want him to be here always but we can not be this selfish so I will let him go this year too. 

I informed them that I was going inside and I took a look over the files that mom has sent from her office. She really works too hard and this is not even necessary. We are very comfortable financially and work at office is also going great. The  saying and believes of mom always resists me from asking her to stay home.  She thinks she will get 'bored' sitting idle at home. 

I worked upon the files and checked the balances and the mere official loyalties and stuff. I do not enjoy doing this administrative work but as I said I have to help mom. The only thing I like doing is writing. I really love doing it. I have many prepared items and many are work in progress. Once I will get the stable chance and opportunity that I am waiting for then I will provide my full attention to it only.  I have few friends who have given me opportunities to share my work to the people who like to sing and compose new songs. 

The door knob turned and then it stop. What's with the paranormal activity? 

" Harry, Don't play around. Come in."

I could see the still shadow at the door step and for second it felt creepy. 

The door opened squeakily and there stood someone least expected.

Jennet, what is she doing here?

" Umm.. I need.. umm" She was speaking something and my phone rang in between her sentences. 

I saw the name ricky and could not just end the call.

I mouthed her a little " sorry" and picked the call. 

She rolled her eyes in return and immediately her hands went folded in an attitude at her chest. This girl is so feisty.

JENNET

Why am I even here? because you have a disloyal dog to take care of. Who clearly is in love with these brothers. 

I thought about it and had not even a single place to keep doodle for the day. The place where I am going does not allow animals in their complex. Funny, they allow humans .

Watching this boy, I am realising he is a charmer as per looks. The typical six feet shadowing body with the appropriate toned muscles. Adding to the body is his own smile. The smile which gives a weird feel of satisfaction as if he is perfect and sorted. He seems calm and composed while answering to the phone but something in me is very irritated by his fulness. No one is perfect nor is anyone's life perfect. So why this act of satisfaction?
He put his phone back in his pocket and now he is grinning at me. He wiggled his right eyebrow and I am not having words to say. I am stuck at words, I cleared my throat and finally spoke " Cab doodle stay here for few hours?"
His face turned from calm to confused  and within a second he flashed his question " yes sure, but why?"
"None of your business" I spit directly without thinking twice and his face squared to neutral. He nodded and turned his back at me continuing scribbling something into a notebook.
I stood there for brief two seconds with pure awkward silence. Was he hurt? What a drama queen. He was expecting me to apologise? Shall I say a sorry?
Ughh why is this so complicated. Being nice is difficult.
I walked small two steps and poked my index finger at his shoulder and he flinched as if he thought I had left the room. He turned his head in a swift motion that our faces were now leveled at each other. His eyes were staring at me like he was watching my soul. His eyes were brown, the darkest shade of brown with tiny lines of black circumferencing the iris. I was staring at his face when I felt something on my cheek. I felt a palm slightly touching my face, I could feel the cold finger tips opposite to my now hot face. I slightly turned my head to see his hand on my face firmly on my cheek and his eyes still gazing me. Something in me burned and I did the most embarrassing thing in the universe. I pulled my body upwards and I don't have a fucking clue why I did that. I tried to initiate something still unaware of what. He did not move at all and his eyes were now making their way down at my face. He leaned in and I could feel the tension in the room, I could feel something ragged and unusual and suddenly my phone rang.
I jolted away from him and took my phone from my pocket to see the message from the centre. It was a random text message with the address and stuff but it saved me from doing an act of embarrassment.
I coughed and cleared my throat and finally spoke.
"I have to attend a class today and doodle can't be there, I can't leave him alone. I will be back in few hours"
He smiled and smiled at me. No grinning, no smirking but a genuine understanding smile.
What a sweet pot. Ridiculous.

"also, where is this place?" I showed him the address by flashing my phone at his face.
" It will surprise you that I am going to the same place"
I did not reply to that because I thought he was joking but when he grabbed his jacket and gestured me to follow him. I was sure that he wasn't.