Chapter 6

Skye went to the garage and saw Jason on a black motorcycle but didn’t see her own. “Where’s my bike?”

            “What do you mean?” Jason asked.

            “My motorcycle, the one in front of gate last night.”

            He rubbed the back of his head and gave her a concerned look. “First you should know that was four days ago, and second, there wasn’t a motorcycle out there. You did have a note in your hand though.”

            “Where is it?”

            Jason took it out of his jacket pocket and handed it to her. “I took it before Bruce could read it.”

            “But it’s opened.”

            “I said so he couldn’t read it, not so that I couldn’t read it.”

            Skye snatched the letter from him and opened it up so she could read it:

            Skye, we have moved your bike to a safe location that you have been told about. We couldn’t risk anyone finding what was inside before you woke up. Boss wishes to remind you to be careful. Don’t forget what happens if you fail or get discovered. – The Shadows.

            Skye heard a click and looked up to see Jason pointing a gun at her. “So are you going to explain who you’re working for or should I make Bruce?”

            “No one.”

            “Don’t lie to me.”

            “A police force. I’m on a solo mission from them to catch a dangerous criminal.” Skye tilted her head and looked him up and down. “Sorry but if I told you more I’d have to kill you, boss’s orders.”

            Jason lowered his gun a bit. “Mind telling me what police force? Dick might want to team up with you sometime, he joined Bulhaven’s a few years ago.”

            “You wouldn’t have heard of it, and it’s more of a hushed up police force.”

            “Uh huh, fine then one last question. Why call themselves The Shadows?”

            “We can’t give out our names.” Skye replied as she tried to ignore the annoyance that ran through her, she knew that would only lead to his death and that wasn’t something she wanted to explain to Bruce. “I have a question for you now, why do you carry a gun?”

            Jason glanced down at the weapon in his hand. “Same reason you should. So some freak doesn’t come up and kill me.”

            Skye shrugged as she saw the reason in that while Jason got onto his motorcycle, he ignored the helmet that was resting nearby and started the engine before turning back to her. “Well aren’t you going to get on?”

            Skye sent him a glare filled with daggers before getting on the bike and wrapping her arms around his waste. “I swear though if you ask any more questions I will jump off.”

            “I don’t think you’d be able to hear over the sound of wind.” Jason laughed before taking off at full speed.

            Skye watched as the world blurred passed her, she didn’t know where Jason was taking her; she hadn’t even told him where she wanted to go. Jason braked suddenly and Skye would’ve been flung forward if Jason hadn’t been the one sitting in front. He turned around smirking, as she got comfortable again before turning forward again.

            “So where too?”

            “The docks first, then I can get my own motorcycle and not be killed by a reckless driver.”

            “Reckless?” He turned to face her again with a sarcastically shocked look on his face. “That hurts.”

            “Sure it does. Surprised you actually even stopped at the stop light, you just blew passed several stop signs.”

            Jason shrugged before starting to drive again. “Well if you insist I’m reckless then I guess I’ll just start driving into heavy traffic.”

            “Wait, what? Jas-” Skye didn’t get to finish as the wind blew into her face again.

            Jason weaved through the traffic, receiving rude gestures from many of the drivers and a trail of honking cars. When they pulled up at the docks Skye relaxed and got off the motorcycle unsteadily.

            “So where’s your bike?”

            “Stay here I’ll get it.” Along with some of my other things, Skye thought before walking off into the shadows between the warehouses.

            “Don’t take too long!” Jason shouted after her. “Otherwise I might just leave and tell Bruce you died in a terrible accident!”