Chapter 8

Skye had been staying home for about a week to make sure Bruce or the others didn’t get suspicious if they caught her sneaking out, tonight though it was a new moon and she needed to check on Joker’s progress. She put her suit on and attached the cloak before putting up the hood and grabbing her scythe. She opened her window silently but checked to make sure she couldn’t hear anyone moving around before climbing out and walking to a lower part of the roof and jumping down. Skye thought about getting her motorcycle for a moment but dismissed the thought; despite the engine being quiet it could still be loud enough to wake the others up.

            When she got to the warehouse, why the villains usually chose warehouses she didn’t know, she went inside and was instantly met with several guns aimed at her head. Skye smirked and took out her scythe, it went to full length and twirled it so all four of the goons’ heads fell to the floor with dull thuds.

            “Joker I think you’re going to need more henchmen.” Skye called out.

            “And why are you here?” Joker asked.

            “League of Shadows sent me to check on your progress.”

            “They trust me to build a bomb and not kill their precious second in command that’s so funny.”

            Skye shook her head and jabbed him with the knife on the end of her scythe. “Now, now don’t get too full of yourself. I might just tell boss we don’t have any need for you.”

            Another set of footsteps came in and Riddler appeared behind Skye. “I hate that Batm-”

            “Why is he here?” Skye snapped.

            “I can’t risk stealing all of the bomb ingredients myself.” Joker replied smoothly.

            “No help, that was part of the agreement we had.”

            Riddler watched them argue back in forth a bit before sighing and banging his staff on the floor. “If you’re done bickering can we just finish the bomb?”

            Skye smirked and walked over to him. “You’re good at riddles so tell me; what is egotistic, and green and red all over?”

            Before Riddler could answer Skye had taken out her dagger and slit his throat and gutted him. His body fell to the ground and she used his green jacket to wipe the blood off the dagger and put it away.

            “Oh so you can kill Harvey, Riddler, and my minions but I can’t kill anyone yet? You’re no fun.” Joker complained.

            “I had a grudge against him… he killed a friend of mine all I needed was an excuse. Just like I need one to kill you as well so if I were you I would follow your orders and finish that bomb faster!”

            “Harley’s getting one of the last ingredients now, you killing my other two helpers will set me back a couple of days but…” Joker smirked even bigger. “I think I can finish it by the deadline.”

            “You better.”

            Skye walked out, killing a few more of his clowns as she went, Joker would pay; he was just as responsible for her death as Batman was. A faint throb went through her skull as her last memory came to her attention but she ignored it and kept walking. Riddler had said something about the Bat being out tonight which meant the other two were probably close behind; she might not be allowed to kill the other two yet but Batman was fair game and she planned on killing him slowly… until he was begging her to die, even then she would keep him alive just enough so he could watch Gotham blow up, the city he swore to protect would be destroyed in front of him, then she would kill him. A sadistic grin flashed across her face as she thought about it, and as those thoughts continued to go through her mind she started running towards the main part of Gotham, there she could get Batman to come out, and end the Dark Knight’s life just as she’d pictured it.

"Say your goodbyes Batty." Skye laughed darkly to herself.