Chapter Seven

I awoke in the hospital wing. I felt a sharp pain in my neck. A soft realization came to me- the pain, the bandages that I felt wrapped around me neck, the tiredness I felt- the werewolf had bitten me. And I had survived. I now got to feel the pain that Charlie had felt, and be what my father worked against. It made me kind of happy, in a sick, morbid way. I was standing against my father.

I could hear James, Sirius, Remus, and Deirdre arguing outside of the Wing. There was also another voice- I recognized her instantly as a girn named Kayla. Kayla something. I never found out her last name. I knew her story. She had told me one night in fourth year, when I caught her crying outside of the Hufflepuff common room. What was she doing with the Marauders?

She walked in and smiled. "Oh, look, she's awake. I think she's intelligent enough to know what happened to her, right guys?" she said, looking back toward them.

"Yes. I know. A werewolf bit me. Would you happen to know who it was? He deserves a hug." I said.

Remus glared at me. "A hug? Don't you mean a dagger to the heart? Its lungs ripped out of its throat? His eyes stabbed out with lead pencils?"

"No. A hug.I'm not my father."

"Who's your father?" James asked. I winced and I could feel tears coming.

"Do you want me to explain?" Dee asked. I nodded and she did. James made a sound that resembled that of when someone is hit in the ribs- Sirius bowed his head. Remus softened his glare. It was now a look full of remorse, sadness, rather than pure confusion. He ran up to me and hugged me.

"There. Now you've fufilled your wishes." he whispered in my ear. I looked up and saw the scars on his face, the deep longing in his eyes, the feeling of being caged... he was the werewolf. He was my attacker. With that thought I hugged him harder, a bear- or should I say wolf- hug. He laughed darkly and pulled back. He kissed me- not caring that his two best friends, his friend's female friend, and a randomer named Kayla were watching. 

"So, do you care?" he asked after we pulled back.

"Not in the least bit. Thank you, Remus. For biting me." I laughed.

"I'm not sure how to respond to that." he laughed back.

"You don't have to respond. And... Remus? Get me out of here. I need to practice for DADA."

"And you need to help me in Potions. And Charms. And HOM."

"Yep. Just get me the hell out of here."

"You've got it, love. And don't forget Quidditch tryouts ae tomorrow. I'm going for the Gryffindor Chaser."

"Well, I'm going for Ravenclaw Chaser. I figure I need something to do besides study."

"On full moons, you've got a fun job now. Come with James, Sirius, Peter, and I. The stag and dog- James and Sirius."

"Oh. That makes sense."

"Hopefully. Listen, they're letting you out tomorrow. Make sure to come watch me try out. I'll watch you."

"Sounds like a date." I laughed as he and the rest of them left. I heard James and Deirdre yelling at each other... but I couldn't make out words. I passed out before I could try.