Chapter 9

I ran. I didn't know what to do. At this point, I had known Remus for about... a week and a half? Maybe two? We had something perfect. Well, almost perfect. It wasn't quite there. Actually, we weren't even dating. We just snogged. Uggh.

And then Sev had to go and mess stuff up. I hoped that James was able to fix it. As I walked past Sirius, he grabbed my shoulder.

"Moonette!" He smiled. I wiped one tear away. He was always able to make me smile. That's why he was one of my two best friends.

"That's not my name." I smiled. I didn't have a name yet. I was an unofficial Marauder.

"Moonette, tell me what happened! James left after you and Remus just ran by. He was crying. Moony's never cried before. I've known him for five years and watched him go through torture and he put up with it. What the hell could have happened? "

He was crying? "I got infected." I grimaced, wiping at my mouth harshly.

"Not Snivellus."

"Yes Snivellus. He came and we talked, because you know, we were friends, and then James comes by and messes with Sev-Snivellus. And Snivellus kisses me. And then Remus comes by and all hell breaks loose."

"Please tell me you've dropped Snivellus." Sirius pleaded.

"Course. I said goodbye. There's a line drawn. He crossed it. Well, to tell the truth, Remus and I aren't dating, he hasn't asked me out officially..."

"Really? So you guys aren't an item? " He asked incredulously.

"Nope. Listen, thank you Sirius. If it weren't for you I would have gone and probably killed myself. Hey, then I could talk to Isadora. She hasn't showed up in a while."

"Who? " he asked, confused.

"Crap." They still didn't know about my special issue. "Later, okay? I love you, Sirius."

"Watch out, Remus might be around!" He joked, flailing his arms as if it were a ghost story. I laughed and went to my dorm room.

I fell asleep quickly, until I was awoken by a knock at my door. I got up groggily and rubbed my eyes. As everything came into focus, I saw a note in front of my door, as if it had been slipped under the door. In fact, it had.

I went and picked it up and read it.

Ashlyn -

I'm sorry. I just want you to know that. James explained everything to me. I jumped to conclusions and I deeply regret it. I want you to know this right now - you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Don't tell James and Sirius, but they are second on my list of happy thoughts. After you. I was thinking about you all night, and I realized that we were never actually dating. But I have a solution. Please meet me outside the Gryffindor common room. I have a surprise, if you're not upset with me.

Cheers

Remus

I dropped the note and fled. I didn't care that it was a Saturday, or that I was wearing pajamas. I ran as fast as I could until I reached the Gryffindor Tower, to be engulfed into an embrace and trapped by a pair of warm lips.

AN I know its short, I wrote this at three in ze morning. Chapter ten either today or tomorrow. Cheers! (Yes, Brits actually say that)