CHAPTER 15

I got tired soon, this time I was completely sure the Arabs weren't after me. I didn't want to sleep, I just walked easily, with my head low. If I gave anyone the opportunity to catch me, there would be no escape. I looked at the sky, the stars glittered as the clusters of the sky, it was like I could hear them speaking to me, I could hear every sparkle they made, I knew out there, somewhere, my two legged was happy. If this was for her happiness, its worth it, I love her and hate her, I don't want to see her but I do, I am disappointed and I cannot hide that. The stars were my only company, in the day, the sound of my gallop was with me, guiding me far away, I could run forever, but I couldn't hide forever.

There was no more sand, only grass and ground, even some mud with hoof prints. I followed them, knowing I would either find a ranch, no, that's too risky, or I could find wild horses, that's okay. But running with the wild horses keeps me away from my dream and gives me freedom. My dream would have to be coming and bonding with the two legged again, and that was near impossible, I would never let myself trust the people with two legs.

I looked around, then back, I heard loud pounding of hooves and shouts. Oh no, the Arabians and two leggeds. I grunted, shaking my head and cantering ahead. I could hide in the night, wrong, I was red not black. I knew they were extremely close to me and one throw of the lariat, I'm back in that ring. I felt the rope touch my rump, I galloped again, ignoring the soreness in my legs and my ears were flopping, not back not ahead, I was tired, but not tired of this gallop, but tired of this change. Unexpected.

I stopped suddenly, the Arabians couldn't do it as fast, I nickered, running behind them, the rope touching my neck softly but missing to round my head. I pranced, sending bucks and going back from where we came, I could see their horses getting comfortable with the direction. Not easy, losers. I stopped again, going through them in gallop and going my way, they were distracted, the gone ahead and turned, following after me in lope.

Oops, I'm still galloping.

I hit the tree with my shoulder, reminding me that this was a little more lush, the trees came often, having me go around them as if I was doing the western discipline, racing with barrels, no I mean barrel racing, don't listen to me. The Arabians stopped, snorting and slowly turning back. I eased to a trot, breathing heavily. As the wind blew, the coldness rushed through me, wind and sweat, horrible.  I felt extremely cold, my ears were unable to move. That's what happens when horses get a cold, they don't sneeze and pick their noses like two leggeds. They cannot move their ears, and two leggeds don't know when we are angry, relaxed, alerted, interested or happy.

I stopped moving, lowering my head to sniff the ground, I rose my tail, going a few steps and then laying down to roll, I did a complete roll, hoping that would warm me up, when I got up I didn't shake, I let my coat get stiff and upturned. I needed to keep myself warm, even when the sweat was left on the ground after I rolled, well, I really am sweaty. I didn't care furthermore, I kept walking, if I stopped I would cool off.

I didn't know what would it be. Ranch or wild horses? You might understand the question as this: My dream to compete in jumping or freedom for nearly rest of your life? Also like this : Bond and love with two legged that will betray you or no contact with two leggeds, only fear of them?

I will give you time to think what's the best thing.