[14] Final

Your p.o.v.

I patiently waited for Mark to pick me up from my apartment.

The sofa creaked under my weight, the TV running on blast. Joey played Mario Kart on the floor, consistently yelling that "Luigi is getting his ass kicked with her foot", if he "doesn't stop throwing those red shells"at her.

My finger tapped on the soft surface of the sofa, tracing the fabric, pulling on a loose thread until it finally ripped.

The ticking of the clock was echoing in my head, the tapping of Joey's controller didn't help calming my nervs either. Every sound suddenly got ten times louder, ten times more annoying.

I focused on listening to my heartbeat, which was racing. Maybe, I was nervous. Okay, I definitely was nervous.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I silently scrolled through social media, trying to distract myself.

And it had worked for quite a while until the background noise suddenly stopped. Joey pausing the game in order to walk to the kitchen to grab herself something to eat and drink.

She appeared with a glass of apple juice in her hands, sweat dripping down her forehead from the heat in our apartment, and probably also from the constant kicking with her legs.

She arched a brow as she plopped down beside me, eyeing me before grabbing my knee. Her hand stopping my leg from bouncing, which I hadn't noticed I have done before.

"Say Y/n, are you nervous by any chance?" Joey chuckled, winking at me.

I gave her a playful shove, halting my breath as the content of the glass almost spilled. Both of us exhaling deeply as nothing landed on the sofa.

"Does it really look like I'm nervous?" I joked, pointing towards my face with a questioning look.

"From what I have heard, that Mark dude seems to be quite friendly," She laughed before smirking, "if not hot in some way."

I glared at her, wishing for her to be joking. Though I knew deep down that she was just kidding, it was unnecessary for me to get possessive.

"Don't be so tense! Jesus Christ," Joey yelled, "I was just joking."

We both broke out into loud laughter. Joey took my hand and started twirling and swinging around the living room, singing to a cartoon's theme song.

Our bodies swayed in each other's embrace, Joey gently stroking my hair.

"I heard you guys shared a secret kiss." Joey piped up as we both calmed down a little, making me turn to her, cheeks flushing a bright shade of red.

"I- We- Who told you?"

"Let's just say a bird chirped it to me."

Joey smiled, before laughing again. My face probably mortified.

"It's, uhm, yeah-"

The door bell sounded at the hall, signaling that someone must have arrived. I immediately skipped to the door, taking a peak to the small peephole before unlocking it.

Joey held the urge to laugh dumbly, seating herself back on the sofa.

A bouquet of sunflowers and roses came into view as soon as i opened the door. The small yellow bow on top, making my lips turn into a grin.

Mark's smile peeked from beneath the bouquet, his brown orbs gazing into mine.

"H-Hey," Mark managed to stutter out, after a moment of complete silence, "I figured i'd bring you some flowers, since it's gentleman-like."