Chapter 24. Don't

BRONTE'S POV

I grabbed some paper towel, wetting one of the corners and lightly dabbing it underneath my eyes to remove the black smudges that had begun to form there. I'm not sure how long I had been in the bathroom, but I was willing to stay in here until tomorrow night when the boys would be busy performing their last show before the mid tour break in order to avoid going back to the bar and face whatever Niall had to throw at me.

I can't believe it, how could you be so stupid? Both of you! Of course someone was going to find out eventually. And now that Niall knows, the others are going to find out and then someone will tell Josh and-

I quickly wiped away the once again pooling tears. Take a deep breathe.

I fixed my hair and finally left the bathroom only to return an empty bar.

"Sorry, uh did you see where my friend went?"

"Yeah love, he said something 'bout being tired. Left his card in case you wanted another drink."

"Uh, no thanks. I might just head up."

I took back Niall's card, headed to the elevator and pressed 22. Do you know what? No, you don't get to make a comment like that and then not talk about it.

I wasn't sure what possessed me to do it, maybe you've finally snapped? I pressed the button for level 24 and readied myself for what was about to happen.

My heart was beating so fast. Ok, ok you've been in plenty of verbal confrontations before so long as you don't cry in front of him. Don't give him the satisfaction, eye of the tiger Bronte, eye of the fucking tiger! Holy fucking shit, I'm in the wrong here I brought this on myself. Shit it's really hot, when did my shirt become a damn turtle neck, I'm chocking in this shit.

I reached the door and before I could allow myself to think about it anymore I locked sharply on the door.

"Yeah Liam what do you wan- Bronte?"

"Here's your card." I tossed the card at his chest and used his moment of confusion to push my way through the door and into his room. It was identical to the one Josh and I had, and Harry's.

"I would ask ya why you're here, but I already know the answer."

"Do you though?"

"You're fucking Harry," he had been rifling through one of the cupboards in the kitchen, when he suddenly slammed it shut.

I didn't say anything in response. He was right.

"You're not going t' say anything?" Again, I couldn't form words. It was as if my tongue had been cut out leaving me speechless.

I am burning up, it's seriously feels like I'm standing next to a heater or like 45 degrees.

"How long?"

"It started when we were in Washington."

"Three months." He was running his hands through his hair over and over creating a layer of knots and tangles. "Why would you do something like this? What about Josh?"

"Look Niall I don't have to justify my actions to you, but if you must know, I think I've been unhappy in my relationship for quite a while without realizing it."

"How could you not realize it?"

"When you have had a life of the absolute bare minimums, you tend to cling to the things that make you feel something, like you're worth something. And you begin to deny your underlying and true emotions."