Soul slayer

This time when you and soul woke up, you didn't just go back to sleep like last time. You moved away from him quickly.

"H-hey.... Can you pretend you never heard that conversation?" You asked.

"....What does that mean?" Soul asked.

"Ignore it." You said. "It's none of your business." You were honestly annoyed now. You got up soul's blanket still wrapped around you. "I'm gonna get started on breakfast.... the sun's rising anyways."

------------

You placed the plates of food on the table and reached for your phone... Stopping halfway there. "What will he say?" you gasped, your breath felt as though it had been stolen... it hurt.

"Who are you talking about?" black star asked.

"Oh, good morning Black Star!" You smiled. "There's food on the table if you want it!"

"Thanks....." He said. He walked over to the table, soon later tsubaki, maka and soul walked out as well.

"Smells good!" Maka smiled.

"..." you went quiet. "If I told you guys I couldn't go on the extra credit mission because of..... reasons would you be mad?"

"....I will kill you." Soul glared.

"Cool it.... I just have to tell my dad something.... I'm not sure if... he might-" you struggled for words. It hurt so much saying this out loud. "He might take me out of the DWMA...."

"What?!" Black Star shouted. "But your at the top of your class and your level of attacks almost match that of death the kid!!"

"......" Black star was hyperventilating, Maka and Tsubaki whispering slightly worried, however, you and soul.... dead silent.

"It's just a possibility, I'm sure my father would find a way to solve the problem before removing me from this school." you laughed nervously. "But it'd result in me not being at school for a bit... and possibly moving back in with my father."

"...." no response.

"I have to tell him whether you're ok with it or not." you said.

"....." still no response. You grabbed your phone and dialed the number. Holding the phone to your ear as he answered.

"What is it y/n?" he asked.

"Hey dad... You knew everything about mom right?" You asked.

"Maybe not everything but damn close." He replied. "Why?"

"......." You went quiet. "I need to speak with you in person, I'll be at the laboratory in about ten minutes." You sighed grabbing your jacket off the chair and walking to the door. As you set a hand on the door knob a hand tugged on your jacket.

"You better at least tell us how it goes." Soul growled.

"Sure.... If i can." You shrugged leaving.

---------

"Why'd you want to talk to me in person?" he asked. You gulped. You pulled out the music box from your mom. You twisted the wind up key backwards until a small storage container popped open. you took out the hard drive and popped in into the computer.

"Hey Y/n, I'm sure you did this on accident, please never show this to your father, I'm here to explain why those kids.... hurt you, One who comes from a family line whom kills the soul wavelength of most every meister or weapon the they work for, that is the definition of a-"

"Soul slayer..." your dad finished, pausing the recording. he spun towards you.

"It's not done yet dad." you sighed. you pressed the play button.

"- Soul slayer, yeah.... so.... my family is where you get that from.... hehe, i happened to find stein though, he didn't lose wavelength when working with me.... I've never killed anyone, but it's rather possible to do so, but, since you're a meister you'll be able to tell when your partners wavelength has faded. also, you're gonna be the last Soul slayer, because stein happens to be more influential on you, his training will actually dull the effects more.... so don't worry too much ok."

The computer clicked out and your dad took the hard drive out. "How long have you known this?"

"Since before Soul was appointed as my weapon." you sighed. "I'm sorry dad."

".....It's fine.... Is this why you haven't been using soul as a weapon?" he asked. You nodded. "Well, i can tell you that.... I can train you so you'll be able to use your Soul slayer half against enemies and won't have to worry about harming soul." he grinned. Your eyes widened with hope. "But first you should go off on that mission.... and tell soul about your lineage."

"Yes dad! thank you so much!" you hugged him. "I'm off!"

--------

"Soul!" you said over the phone.

"You sound happy." he said.

"I have a confession!" you sighed. "I come from a family of soul slayers! but i'm the last of my family, and my dad is slowly teaching me how to use my techniques against only enemies, so just for this mission I'm not using Soul as a weapon and only shooting out pieces of my wavelength."

"you forgot to explain what a soul slayer is." soul sighed.

"A soul slayer is a person who slowly drains their partners wavelength until it's dissipated." Black star explained. "What? I can be smart too."

".......so you were slowly killing me?" soul asked. "That's cool." you noticed maka and soul didn't seem as close, just like what they were acting like last night.

"......did something happen between you two?" you asked. "Your souls.... don't look-" you were shocked with a sudden sense of again..... madness. you spun around to face a man who looked as though a prisoner, a shackle on his right foot, striped pajamas, and scruffy hair. "Guys.... We have company."