To fix a broken heart

The bell signalling the end of 4th period rang and I ran out of class to my locker, trying my hardest to avoid my 'boyfriend' who had abused me for the past year of my life. I stuffed my books in my bag, trying to leave my locker as fast as I could, but I was too late. "Oi, bitch," I heard Will, my 'boyfriend', yell, "move!" He shoved me hard, causing my body to slam into the locker doors. "S-sorry," I stammered, moving out of his way. He opened up his locker and pulled out a battered text book. "You better have my homework," he snapped, not turning to look at me. "I-I've not q-quite f-finished it yet W-will," I whispered, "I p-promise I'll d-do it by t-tomorrow." He turned to face me, his broad figure towering over my small frame. "I've told you already," he spat, "it's due in TODAY! Tomorrow isn't good enough!" He clenched his fists and stuck me in the stomach. I winced in pain, turning my head away, trying to hide my agony. "HEY!" I heard a voice say, "Leave her alone!" I turned my head to see who was speaking. I didn't recognise him. "Oh yeah," Will turned to the stranger, "what are you going to do about it? She's MY girlfriend and I'll do WHATEVER I want with her." The stranger narrowed his frosty green eyes, "I swear to god, I'll give you 30 seconds to get out of here. If you're not gone by then, there will be trouble." Will glared at me before turning and walking away, brushing past me as he walked by. The stranger came over to where I was stood. "Hey, are you aright?" He asked, "he hit you pretty hard there." I wiped a tear from my eye, trying to cover up my pain. "I'm fine, he didn't hit me that hard," I replied. The stranger shot me a small smile. "I'm Michael," he said, "you seem pretty cool. Wanna grab lunch?" I hesitated. If will saw me with another boy, he'd totally flip out. But Michael seemed so nice... "I'd love to," I said, grabbing my bag and heading off towards the cafeteria.