Bonne appétit

Princess Isabelle tiredly dragged herself in the bathroom and began to prepare her bath. It had really been a long day and even though she was looking forward to this dinner she was also dreading it. She heard Clara squealing excitedly as she always did when there was an important event. Clara was always so enthusiastic about choosing the perfect attire, she didn't care that she was not going to be there.  Princess Isabelle emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a towel and checked the time. It was almost 7:00pm which meant that Jumanné would arrive in the next thirty minutes. She was not so excited about dinners, balls and fancy parties but being around Clara when she was like this could make even the grumpiest of persons smile. 

"Isa, everything is going to be alright, in the meantime let's get you all dolled up. I just wished Luke could see you when I'm finished with how much you've been talking about him ", she squealed. " Well when I'm done with you especially for the ball, his jaws are going to be your red carpet, ohhh I just can't wait" Clara beamed. Princess Isabelle chuckled and walked into the dressing room, shaking her head.  "Clara, you're something else" she said beginning to feel better already. Clara picked out a sapphire red pumpkin dress with golden gloves, a golden tiara with red Sapphire rocks carved in the shape of diamonds and a red wedge with golden designs.

After ten minutes, Princess Isabelle was dressed, and it was time for phase two of Clara's fashion plan; the hair and makeup phase. Princess Isabelle's hair was snowy white and provided the perfect blend with the colors that Clara had picked out. Clara threw Princess Isabelle's hair up in a messy bun, leaving two strands at the side for a comfortable look. She then gave her light make-up while humming. Clara did the finishing touches and placed the tiara on Princess Isabelle's head before taking some steps back to admire her work. The dress was perfect, being without sleeves, it sat comfortable above princess Isabelle's knees. It was the exact mix of beauty, elegance and comfort, which was what Princess Isabelle loved. Clara knowing this always tried to meet her simple demands.

She looked at the clock and realized that she had five minutes to go before she was deemed late. Princess Isabelle gave Clara a warm hug before exiting her bedroom and heading down the stairs. She heard the Salúve family's arrival in the dining room and took a deep breath before entering. She walked in with all attention being turned to her and smiled.  She greeted Queen Latifa, King Dejean and Princess Jumanné with the traditional kisses before greeting her own parents and the waitresses. Jumanné was flaunting the hair that was known to Princess Isabelle, her black hair was in an elegant throw back with a few strands being used to create a flower in the back of her head. She was wearing a white skin fitting dress that was replaced by mesh at the waist and reappeared at the hips. This was styled with light purple gloves, silver wedges and a sliver tiara with white diamonds. 

Lenora, the fashion expert behind this look was nowhere in sight.  She must have gone upstairs to chat with Clara" thought Princess Isabelle after scanning the room. The appetizer was served, and the conversation begun. The two families were discussing the monthly happenings between the Kingdoms. Princesses Jumanné and Isabelle were uninterested in the conversation and asked to be temporarily excused from the table. While walking out they heard their parents' switched languages from English to French which meant that they were discussing one of two things.  Business or Security which would lead to the topic of Authur. The only persons that knew every language that the Royal families knew were the members of the grand council and that was because every major decision was brought to them for voting to make the choice that was best suited for the success of the Kingdoms. 

As expected, the Princesses had to learn all these languages so that communication with the other kingdoms wouldn't be a problem especially after becoming queens. They mounted the stairs flight by flight before entering Princess Isabelle's bedroom where Clara and Lenora were sitting on the sofa doing some catching up. Princess Isabelle hugged Lenora while Princess Jumanné did the same with Clara. After the greeting they all sat on Princess Isabelle's bed ready to talk. They all knew that each and every one was involved in this mess one way or the other. The problem however was that the guards could overhear their conversation so in solving that they decided to speak in another language. Princess Isabelle was fluent in French, so she usually took the time out to tutor Clara and of course Princess Jumanné and Lenora were more than fluent because they were natives.