Conviction

Katarina's Pov

"Leo, what did you get yourself into", I thought getting up to look around the small cell that I was placed in. "If my sister is right and he did this, I would've had a new level of respect for him. Well, if he had succeeded that is", I thought returning to the dark corner. I had no idea of whether it was day or night, and I felt filthy in the now torn dress that I was currently wearing. Lee's men were not gentle in the least, not to mention the adverse change in temperature that I experienced. My body got so accustomed to the harsh temperatures in England so now having to readjust to this drilling heat has started to take its toll on me. "What if Leo can't repay this psychopath? what will happen to me then?", I thought aloud feeling the sweat engulfing what was left of my dress.

Back at the Kingdom

"You came behind my back to see Leo.  The both of you just couldn't sit around, could you?", asked a smiling King Rafael. The kings entered the dungeon and gave their eyes some time to readjust to the lighting and the dead silence. No one was expecting such a lighthearted reaction, and it bothered them as to why the kings were acting in such a calm manner. What did they know? They must've gotten some information from the prisoner.

Flash back

"I really have no idea of where they are.  Think about it! Do you think they would've left me behind to be caught if they had given me any valuable information? Authur is smart, charming, lovely and...... "That's it, you have feelings for this maniac, don't you?", asked King Dejean. "That's what he used to manipulate you into agreeing to this; you poor girl", replied King Rafael with a pained expression. "I don't need your sympathy. The last time I checked, I'm not the one in the dark here", she spat annoyed at their accurate interpretation of the situation. 

"Oh, but dear, you are, do you think if he felt the same way, he would've left you behind?", questioned King Dejean. "He'll come back for me! That was the promise, that was the deal", she stated looking at the ground. "We both know that he's not coming back. He has what he wants so allow me to make you a better deal. If you give us any piece of valuable information, we allow you to walk out of this place a free woman", finished King Rafael looking her dead in the eye. 

"And why would you let me leave?", she asked doubtful. They had gotten through to her. It took a lot of time and effort, but she finally started to show some interest in the conversation. "Two reasons, 1, we realize that you are just another victim of Authur's manipulation and 2, we'd like to finally make a move in this game that he's playing. You will be given the details, but we need to know if you're up for it", pushed King Dejean. 

She sat there weighing her choices before finally speaking. "I just heard him ordering tickets, but it wasn't in English. I'm not sure of the language, well, I do remember a few words", she stated with her eyes somewhat dazed as she tried to focus on the memory. "What is it, Melina, what do you remember?", asked both Kings in unison. "I heard the agent on the phone say oui, bien, and Bon, Bonjuuu, Bonjour! ", she finished making direct eye contact with King Rafael.

End of flashback

"Wait, what exactly is going on here?", asked King Dejean as he now assessed the situation. Queen Latifa was the first to speak up. "We came to see Leo and found him leaving", she stated vaguely, signaling to the man at gun point. "Leaving? who is he? and how did he even enter in the first place?", asked King Rafael now turning to the two persons he left to guard the dungeon. "Latifa, here was never good with explanations, what she meant was....", The Kings listened keenly as Queen Melaine filled them in on what had transpired.

 King Rafael walked a short distance away from where everyone was standing laughing bitterly. He then approached Leo's cell, "Care to tell me why you have a criminal mastermind sending you messengers", he spat with distaste. The enclose place filled with silence as everyone awaited Leo's response, which never came. "He won't ask again; your little friend here looks pissed about the fact that he was caught. Leo, I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing that cell", Stated Edward shoving the new prisoner towards Leo's cell. "It's money! It's money, I owe him some money", shouted Leo watching Kevanté holding the key to his cell. "Money? you have no idea of what you got yourself into", barked King Rafael.

"Should we let him free or keep him?", asked Edward looking down at the prisoner. "I'd let me free if I were you", the man replied smiling at the Kings. "We'll lock him up", replied King Dejean as he turned to exit the dungeon. "Everyone, meet me around the outdoor dining table in the next twenty minutes. Notify the grand council, Mark and Asia. I have some information to share and a plan to create. Whoever this man is, he's the least of our problems", stated King Rafael.

Little did he know what having that Prisoner there would mean in the near future. Some place, somewhere, Lee has just received a phone call, but from who? The enemy or a colleague.