Prologue

Prologue

Sometimes, people are ordinary.

They live ordinary lives...have likes and dislikes and happiness and nothing in their stories on earth seem to stand out. They don't change the world or exist more than in their little bubbles. It's most people in the world that are ordinary, only some can stand out and it's, of course, far from common.

She was ordinary.

She didn't sacrifice herself in a war against her kind. She tried to fight but near death is sometimes worse than death. Because after the first strike of pain that could send someone to the ground with their eyes rolled back hits, they get to ease the pain with the release of death there to comfort and guide them onwards in life - but near death...those who experience it have to live with that pain and that what if and the aftermath of something so vicious hovering over them.

She was still ordinary.

She didn't do much in life. She went to school for people like her and lived in a dorm among those just and loyal like her. She ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and attended classes - stayed there all seven years for that form of protection that all kids just like her longed for.

After, though, the protection wavered and she was left on her own with no one. Everyone she had ever loved had been ripped from her because they had been the ones to sacrifice themselves - they had been far from ordinary.

Her life, though, had not taken a turn for the extraordinary afterwards. No, she, tried to become more ordinary. She immersed herself in a part of her that she had never fully grasped...ignored the wand in the bottom drawer of her nightstand and didn't cast a single spell as the aftermath of post-war cleanup took place in the wizarding world.

She, instead, engrossed herself in the muggle world.

She could not bear what had happened after the war...she didn't know if it was truly over or if it ever would be, but she was trying to heal and to do that she had to try and be as completely ordinary as the next person.

Because to be a hero, meant to sacrifice everything and everyone for the greater good and she wasn't sure she could do that.