2 - Down in The Dumps

"The tenderness in the past has already been locked by time. It is only leaving sadness that doesn't go away."

Maple by Jay Chou

•••

GTV BUILDING, 11.30 AM

Perth went inside the practice room. Bangkok was so hot today that he was so grateful to be finally inside. Many fans held him back in the lobby of the building and made him moved a lot to greet them. He was so happy, but after that, the Air Conditioner felt like it doesn't work.

It had been 3 months after his agency formed a joint venture with GTV, one of biggest media companies in Thailand. He adapted quickly even though he needed to avoid some situation that sometimes made him feel restricted to move forward.

Perth sat on the floor with his earphone hanging on his ears. He came with P'Gin, his manager, but when he entered the elevator earlier, P'Gin was no where to find.

Suddenly, his phone rang. It was his manager.

"Halo khrab, P'Gin."

"Nong Perth, where are you?"

"Practice room, khrab."

"You better change floor now and wait for me near P'Day's room."

"What happened khrab, P?"

"Just do that!"

P'Gin hung up the phone.

Perth got up sluggishly. He didn't get enough sleep for three days. Two hours for closing his eyes and he had to go for work again.

He walked slowly to the elevator. His eyes looked down, fixed on his phone's screen. He scrolled down and read some comments. He smiled bitterly everytime he found fans still using an old hashtag for him.

When the elevator opened, Perth looked up. He could not take a single step forward because two people who just stepped out from inside were people who he tried so hard to avoid them.

"Sai–P'Saint?!"

The taller man in front of him was stunned long before Perth realized he was there.

"Oh, Perth. Are you done practicing? Oops!" There was P'Chen, Saint's manager. He talked to Perth and suddenly remembered that Saint was still inside the elevator, so he pushed the button immediately for it not to be closed. "How are you? Long time no see. I only met with P'Pae and Gin all the time. You are so busy."

"Sawasdee khrab, P'Chen..."

"Wasdee, wasdee... Saint, when will you come out from there?" P'Chen ordered his kid to move. "Are you still busy now?"

Perth delayed the answer because Saint was walking out of the elevator. "Sawasdee khrab, P'Saint."

Saint only nodded at him and stood beside P'Chen quietly.

"Since our agency joined this company, we have never met yet, right? Oh I'm wrong. It already a long time ago, the last time I saw you! You and Saint, too. Don't you miss each other?" P'Chen wondered after seeing these boys acting awkwardly.