16 - Wheel of Fortune

"He must be the best at being considerate. He wasn't angry with me even once.
He loved only me. He cared for me before himself. This person was too good for me."

- You're The Best of My Life by Lee Hyun

•••

ATT'S HEADQUARTER, 04.00 PM

P'Pae and P'Gin should had guessed it, but they didn't. As the result, they were being glared by the youngest member who finally arrived an hour ago. No one asked where he had been. The managers simply took him to the meeting room and discussed about what Day said earlier related to the press conference.

Perth gave up on glaring. He breathed heavily. "Can you do something about my schedule khrab, Mae?" He asked with the remaining expectation.

"I'm really sorry for this. I can't do anything. It has been planned since 2 weeks ago, so..." P'Pae looked gloomy. She was sad, too. Unexpected thing happened and here they were, facing dilemma.

Perth massaged his head, trying to come up with some solutions. "I can't let Saint do the press conference alone."

"Actually, Saint won't be alone. There will be P'Chen, his Mae, and P'Pae." P'Gin had to correct Perth's thought. "I will go with you tonight."

"I can't. I don't want to leave him alone."

P'Pae sighed. There was no way to convince this kid. Anyway, Perth still had to go tomorrow night for work, a week long. "You are not permitted to skip your job." P'Pae had to remind Perth about his responsibility, pulled him back to the ground. "I'll be with your boyfriend on d-day. You don't need to worry."

Perth's face showing that he didn't care about what the adults said anymore. P'Gin rolled his eyes, fully conceded that Perth is set in his way.

"P'Pae, you should ask P'Chen about Saint. If he refuse to do the press conference alone, I'm going to talk to P'Day. The press conference should be delayed until everyone's ready." P'Gin took the quick fix since Perth was hard to be persuaded.

P'Pae took his phone and called Saint's manager right away.

"I won't change my mind." Perth said.

P'Gin ignored that rebellious statement. I know, you don't have to tell me anymore.

"Halo kha. P'Chen. Have you told Nong Saint about the press conference?" P'Pae talked straight to the point. "Then, what did he say? We are worried here since he have to face the reporters alone."

P'Pae fell silent for a while, listening to the explanation from the person on the other side. When her eyes met with her son who looked at her with the demanding gaze, P'Pae inhaled deeply. "Wait, P'Chen. Can you... Please repeat your answer to Nong? He wants to hear it."

P'Pae handed Perth her phone.

"Halo. Sawasdee khrab, P'Chen."

Perth could hear P'Chen chuckled. "Nong Perth? Why do you sound as tense as P'Pae? What happened?"

"P'Chen, please tell Saint that I'm going to the press conference with him."

"What are you talking about? Calm down."

"I'm serious here."

P'Chen clammed up for a second before he said, "I wonder if you know Saint well. If he knew you skipped your job for this, he would surely prefer to cancel the press conference."