The Principle of Life

Basic info before we start. I just want to say thank you all so much for reading Bffs. I am new to this whole writing stuff and I'm very happy Wattpad has created a platform for me to improve on such skills. I've always loved writing and reading. I've read many Wattpad stories and I've seen the way writing is supposed to be done so I'm going to change the way I'm writing this book to meet standards.
You might be wondering why I'm babbling about this before starting the story. I just want to make it clear. This is my story and I don't want you to think I'm copying another person's idea. Thanks for reading though and let's get back to the story.

----------------

I woke up to see myself in an unfamiliar environment. I could recognise the smell of drugs everywhere and could recognise in a glimpse that I was in the nurse's office. I've never really come here so I took a while to look at the furniture and surroundings.

The door finally opened and the nurse walked in. She ran a few tests before letting me go to class.

Once I walked out of the door, I saw Eleanor patiently waiting for me. She gave me a warm hug and let out a sigh of relief. This was so unlike Eleanor. She was a self centered bitch by nature who didn't care about anyone but herself. I guess she had changed. Many people change in time, right?

After the long hug, I had a puzzled look on my face and she seemed to decode the situation pretty fast.

"Danielle I know you are confused about what is happening. Let me explain".

" I wasn't stopping you from saying anything!"

I think I was known in school for having this 'straightforward' character. It was part of out family. Even my brother had this character and same with my younger sister. I tried as much as I could to change it but it was just a part of me. Crazy right? I was not the type of person likely to change her character for others but I might as well try can't I? This new attitude died after a week of trying to nurture it to be a part of me.

"Danielle, I know I've not been a friend to you, talk less on being a good friend". She started saying with a disappointing look on her face.

"All I'm trying to say is, please, give me a chance to show you how much I've changed"
"But you must not forgive me right now. Take your time to think about it!" She quickly added.

I knew Eleanor wasn't perfect and she was far beyond a doubt of forgiveness. Everyone deserved a chance so I gave her a chance. "It's okay, Eleanor. I forgive you."

"I won't let you down!" She said while accompanying me to class.

As we strut into the classroom I couldn't help but notice Jason and Maddie making out in the corner of the classroom. I quickly looked away to avoid developing a tang of jealousy. Eleanor noticed this. She knew that I had been crushing of Jason since like fifth grade.

"You know, Jason isn't worth your time, Danielle." She said wanting to brighten my mood.

"Yeah, I know. But I can't help but hate him for doing this to me!" I tried to hide my tears but they seemed to make their wat out ever so slightly. I quickly wiped them away.

"Dani, I'm so sorry for you. I feel the pain your going through and I understand you must be heartbroken. Don't be! Jason doesn't deserve you. You're a strong, talented, creative, kind and beautiful young woman, determined to achieve success. He is just Jason, handsome and self absorbed Jason."