08.Glad you missed me

*Michael*

Walking out of arrivals towards the parking area to wait for my cousin who's meant to pick me up only to turn around and find out that my so called PA wasn't following me.
I started scanning the heads of people in an attempt of finding long wavy brown hair, but hell there are a lot of them here. And leave it to me not to take note of her clothes to make this a lot more easier. I guess I'll just text her the address, I continued my walk towards the parking lot while searching for my phone to call my cousin and ask him where he is until I bumped into someone.
"Excuse you! Why don't you look were you're going? You're in a fucking airport" the voice yelled at me while pushing past me into arrivals.
That voice tho, I turned back around to were the blonde had headed into the arrivals and I spotted her looking around for someone.
"Lindsey Bells, you owe me one dollar for swearing at me" I said to my cousin, watching her spin so fast I think she might have hurt her ankles in the process.
"Michael!! I'm so sorry I came late, Josh informed me of your arrival in really short notice. He's really sick so he couldn't make it " she explained while giving me a bone crushing hug. Damn! I forgot how strong Lindsey is.
"Glad you missed me " I said while struggling out of her hug and tapping her cheeks lightly.
"Get over yourself Mister" she said while playfully swatting my hands away from her face and we began making our way towards the parking lot.
"Would you like anything to eat? I couldn't prepare anything at home, so we'll have to get takeout " she said while pulling out of the airport's parking lot.
"Takeout is fine, I wouldn't want to spend my whole night in the toilet. I deserve a sound sleep after that trip."
"Hey!! It was just one time Michael, one time and now I'm scarred for life cos of something Josh did. " she said while trying to defend herself but I know better.
One year, Josh and Linds family were hosting Thanksgiving dinner. Unfortunately, their parents put them in charge of dessert and drinks, to cut the long tragic story short. It didn't end well for us.
"Yeah, right " I scoffed while looking out the window.
Pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant, a really small restaurant but it definitely has a lot to offer.
The waitress met us at the door and led us to a waiting booth.
"Would you like anything to drink?" the waitress asked us while pulling out her notepad and pen.
"I'll have one glass of conchy Joe and one glass of switcha for him, thank you! " Linds replied the waitress with a smile.
Not long she returned with our drinks and a menu.
"So what are you having? " Linds asked me while looking at her own menu.
"Well, there's definitely a whole lot to choose from here for a small restaurant like this" I said while scratching my jaw and looking at the menu. It really is a long menu.
"The food is totally out of this world, I can't wait to dump it in my stomach " Linds jumped on her seat while rubbing her palms together.
"You decided yet? " I turned from my crazy cousin to face the waitress.
"Yes, I'll have two pieces of chicken and onion skewers with wagyu beef fried rice and sea weed salad. Thank you " I ordered while handing her my menu.
"And I'll have snow crab and octopus sunomono with beef tataki and vegetable fried rice " Linds ordered her own takeout.
"Wait! Um, sorry" I said to the waitress while snatching the menu that Linds was giving to the waitress from her hands.
"Can I have one more plate of chicken fried rice with two pieces of assorted skewers and filed green salad. Thank you " I handed the menu back to the waitress then she left after a refill of our drinks. I almost forgot about Ashley, pulling out my phone from my back pocket to find that I missed a call from her.
"Who's the second order for? " Linds asked me while taking a sip of her drink. I looked up from my phone to find her smirking at me, which she attempted to hide with her glass.
"It's for my PA, I lost track of her at the airport. I'm guessing she'll be at the hotel when I arrive, she's never been here before. " I said to Linds when a realisation just dawned on me, Ashley has never been here before and she's wandering Bahamas alone and I'm here drinking iced lemonade or whatever shit this is in some Japanese sushi restaurant.
"You're here with your PA? And your PA is a she? And She has never been here before? Really dude!! Could you be any more unbothered? " Linds fired at me.
"I'm not sure where to start answering your questions, you're really on a need-to-know right now" And just then, I knew I did a terrible mistake of saying that to Linds and the nasty glare she's shooting at me right now is a clear giveaway of how much she'd love her hand better when it's strangling my neck.
And the waitress saved me by appearing with our takeouts. Linds grabbed hers and dashed out of the restaurant without a second glance at me, I turned around to find the waitress staring after Linds with a startled expression.
"Women " I said to the waitress after taking the last gulp of my drink and handing her the cash for the food alongside a good tip. With a smile and a wink to the waitress, I made my way out of the restaurant to meet Linds at her car.

***please don't forget to vote***
For those of you that are curious to know :
Conchy Joe is a Bahamian cocktail and
Switcha is a Bahamian word for lemonade but it's commonly made of limes, so if it's a hot day and someone offers you Switcha don't refuse.