Chapter 18

—anonymous POV—

She's so pretty... swimming in that pool. Click click click
I wonder how her boyfriend is treating her... that perfect angel... the one who will be mine.

—Vani POV—

I curl up on the couch, reading a book on Wattpad. It's called BROKEN (ohshc ). It's actually really interesting.

"Vani, you want some tea?" Connor asks me from to kitchen.

"Please?" I turn and look at him.

I get a text from Kirstin.

Mom❣️🖤❣️

Hey Nessie! Esther is sending a car over for you now. And don't worry, she's in shotgun.

Thanks, mom! We'll be down ASAP

OK!! Ilysm BYE

"Connor, forget the tea. Go get ready for the concert. We might be at that meet and greet too." I get up from my cozy blanket and run to my room.

" I get up from my cozy blanket and run to my room

"Con, Lets head downstairs!" I yell to Connor.

"'kay!" he walks out and we head downstairs.

the car is waiting for us right outside, Esther in the front seat.

"hop in, and let's get through London traffic!" Esther laughs as we pile in the back seat.

—at the meet and greet—

The main group is meeting fans, taking pics and such. Esther places me and Connor off to the side, so fans can stop and say hi to us after they meet the Group.

"Nice to meet you!" Matt says after hugging a girl who gave him a drawing of his car.

Typical. Lol, he loved that car too much.

The girl leaves, and then a man comes up to them. Take pictures, they sign a poster, but he starts coming towards us.

Now, it's not the fact that he's a dude. Or that his clothing is disheveled. It's the fact that he took on a slight glint in his eye when he saw me. He just has a bad aura to him.

"Hello, sir!" I say, smiling. I feel Con's arm tighten around my waist.

"Hello, Vanessa." He responds immediately, stopping in front of me. His hand is hovering in the air, most likely for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you." I make an attempt to get him through the line quicker, shaking his hand.

"May I take a photo?" He asks, holding up a phone.

"Sure!" I smile and pose with him.

Click

"Thank you." He says, putting the phone in his pocket and bows, kissing my hand.

"You're welcome." My heart rate accelerates slowly.

He hovers there, almost as if he is waiting for something to happen.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to continue on." The single security guard assigned to me and Connor asks the man to continue.

I try to pull my hand away, but it's as if our skin is bonded.

"Sir." The well-built security guard, Harvey, puts his hand in front of the man.

"She's coming with me." The man reveals a concealed tube of superglue.

"No, she's not you psycho." Connor defends me, stepping closer to my body.

At this point, the fans have started to come over to me and Connor. They've congregated behind me as if they're trying to intimidate him.

"Yeah. Back off dude. This ain't cool." A group of guys step up next to Connor.

"I can't." The man looks up. "were bonded"

"Con... I can't get my hand off him." I try to pull away, holding onto Connor.

"Get some acetone. now." one of the guards rushes backstage to get the acetone.

"Why won't you come with me, M'lady? We were meant to be. Ever since then, you were always my Princess." His eyes are dilated, a sick smile on his face.

"No. You're not him. Whether you wish you were or think you are, you aren't him." I respond, knowing full well he is referencing my fiancé.

"Who is he talking about? Ness?" Connor asks as he steps in front of me, not letting the man look at me.

"My ex fiancé. From the oath. I just... ah fück it." I roll my eyes before tugging my hand away from the man, a layer of skin peeling off.

"Get him away. Call the police just- get him under custody. Please." Scott pulls me to his chest as he asks the security guards to take the man away.

"I'm going to take her back to the room. Kevin, Matt, you guys wanna come with me?" Kevin and Matt nod their heads, following me, Scott, and Connor back to the boys' dressing room.

"Connor, can you stay with her until we get back from the meet and greet?" Matt asks him, Kevin and Scott looking at me.

"Of course. I won't leave her side the rest of the tour." Connor pulls me closer on the couch, his arm around my waist.

Matt, Kevin, and Scott leave the room, locking it for us. Me and Connor sit in a comfortable silence for a while, just sitting with eachother.