Interruptions

Chapter 13 - Interruptions

Niall’s point of view

This was getting too much. I could feel Ree slipping through my grasp little by little, in each day that Sarah stayed with us. I didn’t want to wait for the time I would lose her to Harry.

With a deep breath, I knock heavily on Sarah’s hotel door. He didn’t give a fuck on who might see them anymore. The rumors were out of control by now anyway.

I knock again when there was no answer and after about a couple more seconds the door opens, Sarah’s nose scrunched up like she just woke up.

“Wha-,” she starts grumpily until her eyes meet mine and immediately a smile plasters on her face. “Niall! What’s up?”

She quickly adjusts the hotel robe she was wearing around her waist, as if embarrassed by what she was wearing but I didn’t pay attention to it.

“We need to talk, Sarah,” I say.

“Uhm...maybe later? I want to get changed I mean I-”

“No. Now. You’ve stayed with us too long for my patience. Why did you come here? And don’t give me any of that ‘I miss you’ crap. You said you had something to tell me so just spill it,” I persist in a firm tone.

She sighs heavily and runs a hand across her face. “Niall, what I have to tell you isn’t easy-”

“So just tell me!” I insist. “Your presence here is causing tension, Sarah and it’s not good for the band. You can’t expect me to put my life on hold and entertain your excuses. I’ve had enough of your crap.”

“Not good for the band or not good for Ree?” she says, her eyes narrowing.

“Don’t bring her into this!”

“Don’t play dumb with me Niall, I know you have something for her. And I also know a snake when I see one,” she quickly retorts.

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?”

“I don’t trust her, Niall. I know she has something up her sleeve, I feel like I’ve seen her bef-”

“This isn’t about Ree! This is about you! About what you have to tell me so just fucking spill it,” I cut her in. 

This was too much. I didn’t care that we were in the hallway, arguing. I didn’t care anymore. I was through. Normally I was a rather nice guy but seeing how close Ree and Harry were last night snapped me. I couldn’t take this. I couldn’t lose Ree for Sarah, that was ridiculous.

“What do you want me to say, Niall?!”

“The truth!”

“Fine! Okay, FINE! I’m PREGNANT. You bloody happy now?!” she hisses at me, her eyes sharp daggers.