Good Guy?

Chapter 11

Harry’s point of view

I was sitting in my hotel room with Ree, or rather, Ellie Regan. She sat across me on the couch, her hands folded on her lap, nervously rubbing against each other. I was giving her time to pull together her explanation.

I mean, I knew who Ellie Regan was. She’s Niall’s fiancee. The one who left him. The one who got him so messed up but I needed to hear it on her side.

“Alright,” she says, looking at me with those clear blue eyes. “I’ll tell you.”

“I’ll listen without judgement,” I reply, waiting patiently.

“WHO WANTS TO GET MARRIED AT 18?!” she bursts so suddenly I’m caught off guard and before I know it she’s gone on full rampage mode.

“I was FUCKING 18! Imagine that! I didn’t know what to do! So I ran away! I never knew Niall, I only knew his name and I sure as hell didn’t want to get married so I ran away! I stayed over at someone else’s home and my mum knew about it but she supported me with this. And when I left he went on X Factor and met you guys! I tried my best to avoid him all these years but my friend, Jake, got me this job. He knew I had a fiancee but he didn’t know it was Niall. I never told anyone I was engaged to Niall because, fuck, he’s famous and I’d sound insane but I’m not! So I agreed to this job without knowing it was for him and here I am!” she rages.

“So yo-,” I start but she goes on over me.

“And that’s not it! I’m basically still engaged to him! I mean, we’re visiting Mullingar at the end of this trip. If my family finds out I’m with him like this, the marriage is on! Honestly I don’t know how to feel about that I just don’t want Niall to know, he’ll hate my guts,” she says.

I pause for a moment. “You done?”

She looks at me, realizing her outburst and smiles apologetically. “Yeah.”

I pursed my lips, thinking but honestly I didn’t know what to think so I said what was most obvious in my head.

“Niall is really affected by all....that’s happened in your past. And keeping this from him any longer will only make it worse. I have to be honest in saying he will be upset but the sooner you come clean, the better, the less damage there’ll be,” I tell her. “He’ll be mad at first but he’s reasonable, he’ll understand.”

Ree-I mean Ellie looks at me sincerely. “Really?”

I give her a smile and suppress the actual words I want to tell her. “Yeah.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

“HARRY!” I hear my name being called as I make my way to the breakfast area the next morning.