Expectations

Boredom. Something all parents dread. They watch as the words claw out their children's throats like tiny monsters and give them tasks to help battle them off. "Wash the dishes, clean your room, read a book, do some painting. But what if I've done all of this? What if I've washed every dish in the house, twice, what if I've cleaned my room till it's shined, what if I know every line in all my books from the amount of times I've fought off the blackness of sleep with another world. What if I've painted all I could until I am left with a blank canvas and a paint brush, flicking until blobs of paint fill the canvas in a way that could be called art. For if I stop for a second then thoughts will loom over me like a big bad wolf from fairy tales. Only there is no woodsmen to save me. They push me towards a goal that sits just over the horizon with encouragements that feel like needles in my spine as every step I take is harder then the last. The very ground beneath my feet pulls me down and every time I look back I see smiling faces waving me forward with nothing but hope in their eyes as a  way to try and make me feel like the Apollo 11 but it makes me feel more like the titanic. Like I've been put on a pedestal too high and I'm afraid to jump into this pit of expectations in fear of breaking them like a twig under the feet of reality. They yell at me to jump, that I'll be fine, but the snarling wolf blocks my ears from their words and pulls me away from the edge into a sea of comfort but even the paws of the wolf cannot fully block out the cries. I know there is no other way to go but into the pit. I refuse to be the girl with her life decided by others expectations.

--- --- --- ---

This was actually written before "Her" but I felt like I should put that one first.
I have a couple of other things I'm planning on sharing as well, but not yet!
Byyyyyyyye