Chapter 22

We look at each other in shock that knowing him now and what he tried to do to us and did to is own family. You'd never think that it was the same person and I exclaimed this to the two of them, because I was in disbelief that he would assist him.

It's definitely something I will have to mention to Syn and Ale. We look at the time and we had 15 minutes to get to our new homes. I can't believe how fast time flew by. My brain was hurting from information overload so we hopped up to leave so we didn't break curfew. While heading out the door my father told me in confidence that he didn't leave. He said 'I would come every three months at night and leave a handprint outside our home to let you and your mother know we were fine and we were safe!'

I gasped at hearing this because of the handprint that moved us to leave the dome. And I told him that. Sadly, I was out of time and could not ask those questions that now loomed in my head... At least not tonight, we all had a lot of things to think about. So Emilie and I just started to walk. Finding our way to our new home Saunyer was kind enough to lead the way only to my surprise realizing he lives on the same street as us.

Being that he is 27 and does not wear a ring I inquired about that. 'Hey, the law here is that you marry at 21 years old correct?'

He nodded in response. 'Soo, why aren't you married?' I ask.

With that Emilie looks up as she had never thought about that, if she even noticed. He sighed a few times as if wanting to hold back what he was about to say. 'Carson, to explain briefly, let's just say there was a time I didn't trust our father. In fact, I was going to have an arranged marriage on my twenty-first birthday, one I obviously didn't approve of and because of my suspicions of this place, the rules, and dad I ran away. I left for about 5 years avoiding the marriage and everything. I had already known who she was since I was 16 years old and I did not like her that way so I bolted.'

'Where'd you go?' I asked. 'I mean I didn't think there'd be anything else and if so not much.' I declared.

'Well, you'd be right. Dad told me I would find the truth in this and realize my errors. I left and realized quickly he was right but out of spite I kept living outside of this area. I traveled very far making maps along the way incase I needed to come home. About 4 years into it I realized aside from the domes and a few more towns on this continent nothing else existed. I decided to face it and come back. But I wasn't required to marry because Dad treated me as a refuge giving me until I was 30 to get married.'

He had his head downward as if in remorse. I again wanted to ask more yet, decided that would be better to wait. We arrived at our new home and he went to his.A few days pass and it was weird not seeing everyone. We had not seen anyone since that night. We were all resting and recovering from this extraneous trip. I along with Emmy was having to rest our brains so it didn't explode from the information we had just received.

Alena and I wake up in the morning to find Ezaria sleeping soundly, so we didn't want to wake her. She needed sleep too. Her bedroom was down the hall from our room. It was painted a neutral color and it had a crib in it I had wondered if they were instructed to get one. Our room is what they call a Master bedroom because there's a bathroom in here. It was a big room! We had a television in there, a walk in closet, and the bathroom. Our shower was on the right as you walk in and it had stone work at the top of it. It was also painted neutral. I say it is a toasty beige color, it was very nice and elegant. It matched our bedroom walls. The toilet was in between the shower and the sinks. We had two sinks in there with two dark brown framed mirrors and a full length mirror hanging on our bathroom door. We had towels stocked in our closet so we could shower.

The bedrooms and hallway upstairs had a light cream colored carpet. It was soft to the touch and light on our bare feet. The stairs also had the same material on them. Alena and I head downstairs for coffee and breakfast because upon our arrival as promised people were stocking our home with groceries, toiletries, and other necessities. Our kitchen was on the left as we walked downstairs. It had mahogany stained wood flooring, and walls that were painted white. The appliances were all stainless steel. To the left in the kitchen was a door and when you opened it, you saw a washing machine along with a dryer. This room was painted a light grey and had white tile. They had shelves stocked of things we need in order to wash our clothing and things. It was tidy and organized, very pleasing to see. The dining room was adjacent to the kitchen with a table and chairs that were a smidge lighter than the flooring.