Chapter 8 Alena

The next day comes and I haven't been feeling too good lately, I assumed I had just been under stress or about to get sick and this morning I woke up to that fact, I'm nauseated and vomiting and I couldn't figure out why, I'm hoping to be better before my mom moves in later this week.

Syn let me stay in bed while he cleaned and cooked. It was so nice of him, only the smell of the food made me sick. Don't get me wrong Syn is a fantastic cook. I smell chicken and bacon along with the aroma of garlic. It all smells great but I'm still sick to my stomach.

He comes into check on me, and helps me to the bathroom and downstairs when necessary. Then after we manage that, we lay in bed or on the couch watching old re-runs of multiple shows, it never informs us of what the entertainment is entitled but in one, there were three characters that were pretty dumb, but relatively hilarious. For instance, one guys name was Curly and the irony of it is laugh worthy because he was bald.

I suggest to Syn to avoid getting too close to me just incase what I have is contagious but, he didn't care.

After a while I started feeling better as the day went on. Still nauseas but I am no longer throwing up and that is progress. I ate salty chips, crackers, and ginger candies. Things my mom always gave me when I was sick like this. Towards the evening I felt completely normal. I thought that was odd considering how sick I was this morning but maybe it's a 24 hour bug or something.

We are fast asleep, and the next day I wake up sick again. I don't know what's wrong. I'm more sick today than I was yesterday, it was very bad and I was scared. I tried getting ready for work but I could not move very fast. I made it there only because Syndir made me go, not to work but, to see what's wrong. He called in to our bosses to inform them neither of us were going to be able to work today. We finally get taken into an examination room after waiting and throwing up in the Emergency Room for over an hour.

The doctor speaks to Syndir because I can't talk as I have my face buried into a trash bin.

'Has she had a fever, or chills lately?' Asks the doctor.

Syndir pleads with the doctor to examine me 'No doctor, it all started just yesterday, she hasn't felt well for awhile. Please just help her.'

'We need you to step out while we examine her. We're going to run a series of tests to diagnose what is going on.' The doctor states in a cold and demanding way. He isn't exactly friendly.

A few hours go by while they do tests and blood work. Checking me for everything like radiation poisoning, and things of that sort, all from outside the dome.

They finally let Syndir come back into the room with me and we wait in silence. The doctor came in after what felt like forever and Syndir held my hand as the doctor gave us all of the results.

'Mr. and Mrs. Hastings... We ran many tests and we want to inform you that you are quite healthy.'

'Quite?' We both say in a nervous voice.

'Well, no poisons, and no toxins were found in the screenings we performed. You are however, not taking the Larynjex like we are all supposed to do, and this puts you at risk for those things that we tested you for. It is a wonder you have not been poisoned by the toxicity.'

'Yeah I just forgot to pick it up from the pharmacy.' I announce trying to cover our tracks, it's against the law to skip one dosing of the Larynjex. I come to find out I am not as good as coming up with things like Syndir is.

'Mhm.. Well, I'm supposed to report any missed dosing. You're not supposed miss one dose.' States the doctor while scratching his head that's bald and shiny just like the character on that one TV show.