Kind

"Oh! The doctor said it's just my normal body temperature.I'm not sure of it myself though." Said Eis replying to Kurumi's sudden question

Kurumi lifted both of her eyebrows with questioning eyes on her face nevertheless she decided to brush off the matter.

"Kusanagi-san,you're needed at your ward now.The doctor wants to start the treatment please come as fast as possible" said a nurse suddenly coming from behind.She informed Kurumi of the matter and quickly escorted her back to her ward.Before going back Kurumi bid goodbye to Eis.

"See you later,Eis-san" said Kurumi with a sweet smile on her face.

—- At Kurumi's Ward—-

"Kurumi-chan! I've been worried sick,where have you been?!" Said Doctor James who were waiting for her arrival.

Kurumi apologized for her sudden disappearance this morning.The doctor urged her to lay down on the bed slowly.

"Kurumi-chan,can i ask you something?" asked Doctor James with hesitant tone. Kurumi turned her gaze towards him.Kurumi nods nodding it as a "Yes".

"Are you happy?"

The question was a bit weird for Kurumi but hard to comprehend too.Kurumi doesn't know how to describe happiness herself.The meaning of happiness itself still lingers on Kurumi's mind.Despite that,Kurumi suddenly remembered the words Eis said to her.She smiles at this thought.She immediately look at the doctor and said "Yes" with a big grin.

Doctor James was shaken off a bit by Kurumi's answer and the facial expression she just made.He never would have thought to see the girl in front of him would be able to smile so sincerely.A hint of hesitation swarmed him as he tries to start the treatment.He know too well if he continue doing it,Kurumi will lost her memory again.From Kurumi's eyes,he could see she found joy recently,she finally felt genuinely happy.He doesn't want her to forget those moments but then he remember the face of the woman he once loved came towards him in a rush with the looks of death and worry on her face.

"JAMES!! JAMES HOW IS MY HUSBAND?! WHERE'S KURUMI?! IS SHE OKAY?! PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE OKAY,JAMES! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!!"

"Doctor..?"

Kurumi's voice snapped Doctor James out of his flasback.The doctor quickly apologize for being idle.

"I'll postpone this treatment.I want to see how things will progress for her after a few days" Thought Doctor James to himself.He doesn't have the heart to wipe out the memory of the daughter of a woman he once loved in front of him anymore.She suffered a lot indeed,but those memories will be the ones that will make her keep pushing forward and now she's finally have a glimpse of happiness,he doesnt want to take it away from her.

He pretended to have done the treatment and excuse himself from the ward.Suddenly one of the nurses who helped him came forward.

"Hey Asahina,what's wrong?" He asked.The nurse look at him sadly.She have known Doctor James for 10 years and always have been beside him.

"You're very kind,J" Asahina said with a hint of sadness in her tone.Doctor James have heard of this repeatedly from her for so many times.The doctor replied with a smile and a calm expression.

Asahina knew very well of Doctor James complicated pasts and his connection with his current patient,Kusanagi Kurumi.She is bewildered by the thought of not being able to help him in the past.