Chapter 4: Tick Tock (X2C Matic 3)

I try to see but it's like trying to see through a dark curtain.

"I can't see whatever it-" before my sentence could get out his eyes go wide with half alert and half panic.

"Run!" He starts running and pulling me along with him.

Running, I yell "What is it?"

"I'll tell you when it's safer!" He yells back loud enough for me to hear.

We run until what feels like forever with loud, metallic screeching behind us.

What could it be? Something more powerful than a vampire baby I bet.

We come to a stop by a old car with the trunk up and the keys still in the ignition.

He thinks until he swears something I can't hear.

He looks up, looks at me "Get in," he orders.

I obey. I get in the trunk, soon followed by him getting in also and he closes the trunk with his right hand then removes it to prevent it from being jammed.

"What's going to happen now?" I ask.

He's silent for a moment "It's a shape shifter so it can transform into anything or anyone," he informs.

I nod my head in the dark even though my question wasn't answered. I think he can still see me.

"So it's better to just wait it out," he says.

"We're both crammed in here. No. Let's think."

I think of multiple ideas that could work but could still get caught.

He clearly doesn't have anymore ideas but I have one that just might work without the shape shifter seeing us.

"When the coast is clear and it's gone for good, if it comes back, we run to a place we know it wouldn't go to," I say to him.

He whispers "Why didn't I think of that?" Mostly to himself.

And so we wait. We wait and wait.

Until my leg bones ache and head hurts.

We wait until even our thoughts are silent.

We listen.

I think it's clear.

And my leg has fallen asleep. I try moving it but it hurts when I do.

He whispers something I can't hear.

Then he whispers "I think the coast is clear."

We slowing open the trunk and peek out. Nothing in sight.

I get out and dust myself off; we lock eyes for a split second then he's the one to break it.

I get lost in my thoughts and I feel myself floating.

Floating in the air.

"Hey!" I hear myself panic as I call for him to stop and look.

He turns and runs toward me but I'm already floating six feet in the air. He tries to grab my leg but even he's not that tall.

My mind is dysfunctional and when I try to call out his name no sound comes out.

Knowing I'm not really afraid of heights I try to think on the bright side.

I hear him calling me but abruptly my vision gets blurred, like trying to see through clear plastic.

"Hang on! I'm coming!" I hear.

I do nothing because there's nothing to do.

When my arms feel like they're being held down by rope and my brain unable to work properly, what could I do?

I'm floating far away from the ground and suddenly fear roams through my body.

I'm taken to a cave that looks ancient and smells like mold and mildew. Then, I've been thrown down to the dusty ground.

I suddenly feel something like a heavy, steel weapon slamming into my face; bloodied my nose, bottom lip, and swelled my right eye.

Soon enough the blows getter stronger and harder; and soon my eyes close shut and I collapse from weakness.

Hiii, Tia here. Sorry for the long delay but I just got out of school. Woo! I will now be publishing every week or so. Comment if this was good! Thankx.

Love,
Tia💙