part i

Before I start:

I am in no way trying to disrespect John, Freddie, or anyone mentioned in this story. This is only a fanfiction, and I am not trying to say that they were an actual couple
Also, I will put warnings in front of chapters for those who might not want to read chapters that may trigger them. With the boring stuff aside, I hope you enjoy!

Third person:

"Only three people are auditioning!" Brian exclaimed, rereading the list just to be sure. Roger sighed.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Roger grabbed the list from Brian's hand and frowned as he read the list. They both looked at Freddie to see his reaction.

"You guys are overreacting, I think it would be rather annoying to sit through a load of auditions anyways," Freddie mumbled, then continued to scan through his fashion magazine.

"Fair enough." Brian agreed.

xxx

A few hours later, Brian, Freddie, and Roger were seated waiting for their final audition. Brian was reading some sort of astrophysics book while Freddie and Roger chatted away. Whoever chose to audition was late, to say the least, but they waited anyways.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be late." A small voice said while the door was pushed open. All three of them were puzzled as they looked at the panting man.

"What's your excuse, dearest?" Freddie asked calmly.

"C-College... my professor told me there is an extra class around this time that's mandatory, so I went to my class and then ran all the way here because I don't have a car and I don't like waving down a ride." He mumbled, before unzipping the case that he brought in. He took out his bass and sat down.

"So you're in college, huh?" Roger asked, trying to warm up to the poor guy before the audition.

"Yeah, I study electrical engineering." He replied quickly.

"Okay, well we need to know your name if you wanna be in our band!" Brian laughed, getting a pen to write information down.

"My name is John Deacon, I've been playing bass since I was a kid, so I have experience." He nearly whispered, still panting heavily. Roger eyed Brian, who seemed rather concerned for the student.

"Do you need a break before you start?" Freddie asked. John frowned and nodded, placing his bass on the ground.

There was a short silence that lasted around two minutes before John picked up his bass and nodded. Roger gave him a thumbs up, and John started to play. Freddie was shocked, he was outstanding! Brian grinned and looked at Roger who was also smiling.

"Okay, I have to stop you right there..." Roger said and John started panicking.

"Did I do something wrong?" he whispered.

"Of course not, darling. We already made our decision, you're in!" Freddie declared, causing John to smile and thank the band continuously. Freddie thought it was rather funny, but he didn't say a thing about it.

"Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu!!!!" John squealed.

"Okay, okay... I think you've thanked us enough. Our first rehearsal is next Friday, right where we are now, so we hope to see you there." Brian said, stifling a laugh at the younger boy.

"I'll see you there!" John exclaimed.