part iv

John realized what he had said and immediately regretted it. He didn't do anything about it though, and stayed silent as Freddie turned the lights back on.

"I'd love to." Freddie whispered, happiness apparent in his sentence. Freddie sat down on the side of John's bed, pulling his sheets up ever so slightly, as they were already properly placed.

Freddie then took John's hand, and kissed him on the forehead like how a mother would. John's face burned up, and he averted his eye contact away from Freddie.

"What's wrong?" Freddie frowned.

"Nothing." John insisted, Freddie still held Deacy's hand, and he didn't let go.

"Then goodnight, dearest." Freddie let go of his hand, and started walking away to turn off the lights. John missed him, even though Freddie was literally a few feet away.

"No, come back." John demanded in a serious tone. Freddie felt himself stifle a giggle at John's sudden assertiveness. He turned off the lights this time, and headed back to John's bed. He once again sat down next to John.

Freddie had no idea what John wanted, or why he was still even there with him-  but he decided playing with John's hair would be fun. Freddie laid down on the bed so he was facing John.

"Face the other way." Freddie mumbled, John did so. Freddie started braiding his long brown hair. Deacy got comfortable after Freddie started messing with his hair, and he smiled contently.

Freddie continued braiding and unbraiding his hair, and for some odd reason it really soothed him to run his hands through John's silky hair.

A few minutes have passed, and Freddie was still braiding his hair. He started hearing John's soft snores, Freddie couldn't help but let out a laugh. He contemplated whether or not he should sleep with John, but fell asleep while deciding.

x x x

It was the morning afterwords, and Freddie was the first to wake up. He remembered where he was, and quickly got out of bed. He changed into something casual before John could wake up. He took a few minutes to stare at John, but soon realized what he was doing. Freddie stopped staring and left the room, joining Brian and Roger for breakfast.

A half an hour later, John woke up. He wasn't as good at waking up like the rest of the band was, so he lazily rubbed his eyes and stood up, not changing. He walked into the kitchen, and heard soft giggles.

"Deacy, dearest," Freddie giggled, "you're still in your pyjamas!"

John remained unfazed.

"So?" He mumbled.

"Do you not change before breakfast or something?" Brian asked, shocked. Roger smiled.

"Luuuccccckkkkyyy!" Roger exclaimed like a child, "If these two idiots weren't here, I'd probably be in my pyjamas all day!"

"Isn't that normal?" John asked, confused.

"I guess we're too proper for everyone then..." Brian mumbled. Causing Freddie to stand up, and walk to the room.

"I'm changing back to my pyjamas!" Freddie declared from the inside of his bedroom. Moments later he returned with only boxers and a large shirt on.

"Seriously, Freddie?" Brian started, "just because John does it doesn't mean you should!"

"Do we really have to say this again, Bri? You're are such a mom." Roger sighed, Brian seemed annoyed.

"Oh, be quiet." Brian frowned.

"I'll be quiet when you aren't my mom."

"Is that a threat!?"

"How is that a threat?!"