The creature in the forest

Toothless POV

I loved to fly and for the past couple of weeks I haven't had a chance to leave the nest. It was weird having extra weight on my back and I couldn't do barrel rolls because I didn't want to drop the boy. As well as that I couldn't even fly to my top speed so a half an hour journey would take two hours now with him on my back. Not that I wished he wasn't there, he kept me company and flying with him was very enjoyable. As we were approaching the fog gate I told him there were killer dragons living inside it that would eat him, his reaction was priceless but then he buried his head in the scales on my back which caused me to blush a little, thank Thor he didn't notice.

(CAN DRAGONS BLUSH???
ERM YEAH)

hiccup POV

Toothless was good at flying. I realized this as we gracefully flew through the skies. "How long until we're there?" "Not too long" he replied.

"What is that?!" I asked pointing to the huge haze of gray mist. "It's the fog gate" he replied in a reassuring tone. "Is it safe?" I asked trying to keep the worry out of my voice. "Yes, well apart from killer dragons that will eat you." I whimpered and buried my face into his back. "I'm only kidding" he said as we passed through the gate.

(CAN HUMANS WHIMPER??)

As we emerged out the other side I was hit with the most breath-taking view, I could see an island on the horizon beautifully lit up by the setting sun.

"Toothless," I said as I lifted my head up from his back. "Is that the island we are  heading for?" "Yes it is", he replied fearfully. "Erm .... Toothless." "Yes" expectancy in his voice. "... I kinda dribbled a bit on your back" Toothless's tail fin whipped up towards my left cheek and slapped it, leaving a faint red mark on it. "Ouch" "that hurt" toothless laughed so hard he forgot they he was in mid flight and fell nearly crashing into the sea below us.

As we approached the island I could make out the outline of a huge village. "Toothless who's nest is this?" "Oh erm well"..... he stopped and looked away. But while he wasn't looking a giant net came flying towards us, we barely had enough time to yell as we plummeted downward into the forest.

(1 hour later)

"What happened?" I wondered as I regained consciousness. "Oh yeah we were shot." I didn't have much time to think about it because suddenly I heard something rustling in the bushes and the snapping of twigs. "Oh no this is some of the dragons that work for the alpha". "They will tear me apart if they see me." I attempted to hide behind Toothless's frame but my damm leg stuck out and I couldn't move it in time.

I heard a gasp that didn't sound very dragon like. I pretended to be unconscious while the creature approached. I resisted the urge to flinch as it attempted to separate me from toothless, that was when I realized this creature was not a dragon. It couldn't be.....the hands felt...........like mine. I opened my eyes and screamed "No No No!!!" I yelled tears streaming down my face."

OK NOW IT KINDA MAKES SENSE. BUT AT THE SAME TIME NO. MY IDEA WITH HICCUP WHIMPERING IS THAT HE WAS SURROUNDED BY DRAGONS FOR AGES AND THINKS THAT IS A NORMAL WAY TO REACT. I WANNA INTRODUCE TOOTHCUP SOON, HOPEFULLY IN THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS MABY NOT SO SOON AS I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE PLANNED..........

ANYWAY THANK YOU FOR READING THIS CHAPTER:)

TTA