❝seventeen❞

he's a tad nervous. his fingers are a flurry mess of nerves as he fumbles through his messy closet. the clothes are in a disarray. jackets glittered with flimsy wrinkles tossed onto the drawers. his grey turtleneck that he adores so much is lying on the floor, its tired sleeves reeking of long hours. his jaw clenches with even more worry. 

there is so little to choose from. he drapes himself in his blankets and plummets onto his sheets. he then rolls, screaming into his pillow that so happens to be there to smother his lips. his fingers to his vibrating phone. 

"asahi?" 

"you're late!" asahi's timid voice just manages to reach tadashi's ears. 

"yes yes i know," he sighs before continuing, his cheeks starting to redden, "i don't know what to wear." 

"just wear what you normally wear," his friend scoffs in a way that he would never normally blurt out. tadashi raises his right eyebrow. this is new. 

"but its. uh," tadashi regrets ever moving his red lips. "its different today." 

"its not a date, me and 'matsu are going too." 

"silly," he adds a few seconds later. 

"i know, i know." tadashi accentuates the second 'i know'. asahi does not know the smothering ball of emotions curling each time hajime comes near him. tadashi does not know what to do. 

he knows for a fact that he likes having him around. hajime reminds him of a steady anchor. his arms always open for a tethering hug, which tadashi falls into each time they unhinge. tadashi can't soothe the butterflies twirling in his stomach, which then causes the red to flourish in his cheeks. 

"are you perhaps thinking of him?" asahi teases. tadashi feels the tinge of matsukawa's laugh embedded in his deep voice. maybe its the sheer amount of kisses they've shared. 

"shut up!" tadashi snarls, burying his head onto the pillow to hide the velvet struggling to reach his freckles. 

"hurry up then oh my god." he hangs up, leaving tadashi to deal with his confusion of emotions. 

"finally." matsukawa jumps from the concrete block he was perched at, his shoulders rolling with excitement. his fingers immediately go to asahi's, intertwining like tendrils of a vine. tadashi rolls his eyes with newfound exasperation. oh the wonders of a third wheel. 

"is iwaizumi-san coming?" asahi ponders outloud, his eyes already staring right into tadashi's. 

"coming." matsukawa snickers, prompting asahi to nudge him softly. 

"he's meeting us there." 

silence. 

"your face is already re-" 

"shut up." tadashi storms off, his arms furiously keeping with the strides of his legs. asahi exhales slowly before his lips upturn into a timid grin. 

"issei." 

"yeah, he's whipped." matsukawa snuggles his head onto asahi's right shoulder. he knows the blush glittering asahi's face at the moment, nor does he care. 

he knows he likes it. 

they're interrupted by an attractive guy sauntering towards them, his steps oozing with budding confidence. 

"hey guys." hajime waves with his fingers. he is dressed like summer. his long sleeved red tee is tucked in between denim shorts. his socks a bright red, which match with the entire fit. 

tadashi can't help but feel the tug in his gut. his throat feels parched with anxiety. his legs start moving without his will, as if it had a mind on its own. his arms unhinge and wrap around hajime's firm back. his stress subsides as he feels hajime's fingers slowly flutter onto his back. 

"i missed you." 

now if only issei would stop cheering. 

a/n matsukawa n asahi i rlly did that ! im gonna go write that kagehina fluff dump now djkfakjf