❝five❞

if anyone though tadashi was worryfree, then he would have to cut in and scream out a big no. as the same person wearing that same varsity jacket had managed to cross his way into his dreams. it was worrying, that a guy that he literally bumped into managed to etch himself into tadashi's brain. 

he takes an angry bite out of his sandwich. he wipes his mouth with the woolen sleeve of his sweater. his butt aches, as sitting on the tiled floor of his school must not be healthy. 

no one can be seen across the hallway he sits in. maybe that's one of the many perks of walking to school early. by early, tadashi means one hour early. 

he was never smart. whenever a math problem was placed in front of him, his mind goes blank. as if his thoughts were erased like chalkboard. he felt pretty dumb, and because of his obvious inferiority in his grades, he had to put some extra time on his grades. and sadly, his mom also kicked him out of his shelter today. something about trying to get a job. 

his eyes flutter shut. 

tadashi shakily stands up, his fingers spreading out to stretch them out. 

unease settles into his stomach. it gnaws at him. he always feels this right before school. maybe it's the fact that school brings forth all the vivid images that refuse to diffuse itself from his brain. or maybe because tadashi worries too much. or maybe it's a mix of the two. 

his eyes go straight to the large clock hanging in front of him. his head has to bend upward as the clock continues it monotonous journey to 8:00. his fellow students will be streaming past the front doors soon. and he has to make sure no one sees him as he goes to his first class. 

tadashi nervously rubs his hands together. he should've brought a sweater. the bitter cold decides to bite at him now. 

"honestly. do you even belong in high school?" 

he freezes. 

he is first blinded by the sunlight flashing from the doors behind that varsity jock. chatoyant colors spring out from the usual ore rays embedding in his eyes. he raises his hand and uses his fingers to wave a hello. or a goodbye. 

"that's the wrong classroom." the varsity boy pipes up, his voice being more similar to a wolf's growl conflated with mixes of a boyish awkwardness. tadashi then realizes the classroom he's walking towards is not his. he wants to kick himself. 

"of course. i-i knew that." tadashi fumbles with the black straps of his backpack. he wonders why the bag seems heavier than a few minutes before. he lifts with his boyish strength. oh the wonders of nervousness

"are you a new student or something?" tadashi feels slightly annoyed. striding along someone who's the cynosure in all people's eyes makes him feel like a piece of dirt clinging to a diamond. not to mention that opening up to a stranger will make his walls weaken. 

and weakening those tall walls leaves you vulnerable. 

"no." tadashi bites his lip and manages not to stride into dangerous territory with a backlashing remark. he himself can feel the toxicity tang in his throat. 

"i sit next to you in science." the jock says, his lips moving up and down to accommodate the words shooting from his mouth.  tadashi's eyes glance to his lips, somewhat fascinated at how attractive his lips are while speaking. tainted with crimson and hues of pink. a force that compelled girls like magnets to him. 

tadashi is short next to him. 

he needs to look up to watch him. to talk to him. to hear him. but he likes it. 

"since you're helpless, i guess i'll just walk you there." the guy groans with almost forced distaste. tadashi swallows the distaste with a hint of salt. at least tadashi isn't alone today.