09 | NINE

It has been ten days since Hyejung stayed with Jeongguk in her apartment and also a full seven days since she started to keep track on the android's everyday progress in terms of his behaviours, the way he receives instructions and others. And today would be day where she will be reporting all the progresses that she had recorded from the past few days to her chief; the one who will decide whether or not they should continue Apjeong Project.

Apjeong Project, however, it looks totally fine and useful and should be continued in Hyejung's point of view. The reason is that it can make someone, especially the one like her, who lived alone to avoid the feeling of loneliness haunting them as they'll have a friend, or a partner that will help to lighten up the situation or assist then to do some house chores. And might as well help to prevent dangers. It might sound illogical and unrealistic to some people as there are many other ways to prevent these things from happening to a certain individual but to Hyejung, everything is possible. Smallest things could also, sometimes be useful in a paeticular aspect.

She slowly stood from her sitting position, and stretched her body muscles. After grabbing the cobalt blue clipboard with all the printed documents; Jeongguk's progress reports to be exact, Hyejung adjusts her pony tail and checked her make up in front of the body sized mirror next to her bedroom door before she calmly strolled her way out her apartment, not forgetting to lock the apartment's door. She walked towards the elevator, swinging her arms slightly back and forth as she took her steps. She pressed the round button with her index finger and takes a short glance on her silver rolex watch to check the time as she waited for the elevator door to open.

As soon as the door slides open, Hyejung walked in and stepped back after pressing the button labelled number 7, illuminating a red orange-y light. She lightly tapped her foot on the floor, letting the sound of her heels to echo in the enclosed space as her hands kept on playing with her nametag that are pinned on her breast pocket.

The elevator then halted at level 5. The door opens again and revealed the face that Hyejung never wanted to see ever again in her life. Upon the sight of Hyejung inside the lift, the woman curled her lips slowly to form a small, hideous smirk that is obviously directed towards her.

"How are you doing?" she questioned as she stood next to Hyejung. "Miss Genius." she added, emphasising the word genius, as she poked the pink-haired girl's forearm using her brightly coloured fake long nails.

"Fuck off." Hyejung replied, ignoring her question with pure annoyance dripping from the words that rolled out her tongue. She knew, she knew that the woman didn't mean any of her words at all. She only wanted to mock and annoy the hell out of her.

"Oh, i see that you've gotten more arrogant huh?" She said, eyeing Hyejung's figure from up and down then stopped at her nametag that she pinned on her pocket. "Wow, your rank is now higher than mine. Impressive. Probably Chief's favourite girl, am i right?"

Hyejung just stayed silent and continued to stare at the door, waiting for it to open. She really want to exit the elevator, she can't stand with the provoking words the female blurted out innocently. She continuously clenched and unclenched her fists, trying to fight the urge to punch the girl across her overly caked up face. However, she didn't want to do it despite the level of her anger that continues to build up in her. She did not wish to create a scene with the dramatic person standing next to her. And of course risking to lose her job.

The door finally slides open after what feels like a thousand year to her. With that, Hyejung immediately step out and ignored the 'goodbye' that the other girl said.

"Why did i have meet a little piece of shit today? Early in the morning, of all times?!" She scoffed to herself, blowing away her pink bangs that covered her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she hugged the clipboard closer to her chest and begin to resume bee-lining to the chief's office room.

Hyejung continued to take her steps calmly to the office she aimed to enter with a purpose to show the progress file to the man who's inside.

She knocked on the glass door twice, and walks in after she got the permission to do so. As she gently shut the door close behind her eyes widened a bit at the sight of the woman sitting on the black swivel chair in front of the chief.

"Urgh,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

WhAt am I WRitInG? This is shit urgh, omg. But anyways, i finally updated!

*cheers alone like a fool

It's been a while since i last updated and i apologize for that because i'm very busy that time due to my tightly packed schedule. And i'm also sorry if this chapter is boring :(

I hope you can enjoy this chapter and have a nice day/night my huns <3 (I think my books are getting boring, idk how people can write good books. Gimme some writing tips, please?)

-Adeey