Chapter 3

Shinso and I managed to split the room pretty evenly down the middle, or at least as even as we could get it. Not to toot my own horn, but I had to go with my side being the best between the two, with it being more manly and all, but Shinso's wasn't bad in the least.

"Dude, your side looks bomb," I said, hanging up a Crimson Riot poster just above my head board.

"Thanks. I try to keep everything pretty simple," he said, dumping a handful of pens into a mug that he had on his desk and clapped his hands, "And with that, I think my side is done."

"Awesome, I think mine is too," I said, climbing off my bed and taking a few steps back to admire our work.

Most, if not all, of Shinso's stuff was some shade of black, grey, or white, kept it very neutral in color palette. In fact, the only thing he had that wasn't in his monochromatic color range, outside of school supplies, was a bright purple pillow. He had a picture of his parents on his desk and a had a desk organizer with compartments for literally anything I could think of.

On my side of the room, I had my posters hung up which added splashes of color onto our already dull wall. Shinso had helped me hang up a whiteboard just above my desk, which had my school calendar on one side and my workout schedule on the other. I had also placed a small picture collage on my desk of my parents and friends. All in all, our sides didn't look all that different other than the fact that mine wasn't dripping in liquid black.

"I think the only thing left is to go through the clothes and hang them up, set up the microwave, and make sure the TV is working," Shinso said, looking through the room.

"Oh yeah, I meant to ask. Why is the only colorful thing you own a purple pillow?" I gestured towards the direction of the pillow in question.

"It used to be a white pillow. But when I dyed my hair it got stained purple so I got my mom to help me dye it. That way, I don't have to worry about ruining any of her other pillowcases with dye," he said, rubbing the back of his neck with a small grin on his face. "How about you? Did you dye your pillow case?"

"People do that? I just... I really like red and I already had the pillow cases, so I didn't have to worry about it," I couldn't help but laugh, pointing to my red pillows. "Au natural."

Shinso and I spent the next hour doing final touch ups before we deemed our room done. Getting through the clothes was easy, since it was just a matter of either folding them or hanging them. We opted to put the microwave in my closet, closest to the door. There was a shelf that looked just big enough to fit it at the top and there was even a electrical socket in the wall that worked. The only difficult thing we had come across was finding a place for the TV. There was really no convenient place to put it, but we settled on the desk between our beds. It was empty space since we agreed to put the microwave in the closet.

I let out a loud groan as I flopped against the bed, "God, we're finally fucking done."

I heard Shinso laugh, "Wow, we got a potty mouth."

I let my face go neutral as I looked over at him, "Ha ha, very fucking funny, Shinso. We did good today. Almost everything is ready. We just need a poster or something that has our dorm rules on it and probably go shopping for like... snacks and water. Maybe some alcohol or something."

"Hold on, are you even old enough to buy alcohol?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"I mean, I'm only twenty right now, but I have connections!" I defended myself, just getting a chuckle and an amused look from my roommate.

"I guess this means, I get to consume alcohol and you get to watch me drink it." He said, putting his elbow on my shoulder. He poked my nose and gave me a shit eating grin, "Though, as long as it's in our dorm room, I guess I could condone underage drinking."