Chapter 9

Alright, so as of this update, I haven't updated this in fuckin' 2 weeks. Ish.

I wrote the entire chapter, almost 2k words and I hated the way it was coming out. I hated everything about it and I just... y'all deserve better so I rewrote it. I've been working on this version for about a week and I wanted it to be longer, but hey. Shit happens, ya feel?

My first class of the new semester was English. To be honest, I can't say I was looking forward to it seeing that English was probably my worst subject. Don't get me wrong, I love reading and writing, but when it comes to everything else, I'm basically a three year old. I walked over to the classroom and saw the teacher at their from the small window in the door so, with a quick breath, I opened the door and poked my head in.

The walls were bare except for the one at the front of the classroom, which housed a giant whiteboard. There were four rows of tables and chairs that made up the student area and the teacher's desk was pushed to the right of the room, just next to the whiteboard wall. A projector hung from the ceiling, projecting 'WELCOME TO ENGLISH 102' on half of the board. I could see a teacher at their desk, probably on their phone until class started.

"Um... hello?" I asked in a small voice, making my way into the front of the room.

"Hello! Welcome to English 102!" The teacher said, shooting up from his chair with a large grin on his face. The first thing I noticed was how tall he was, almost as if he was wearing boots with heels. He had long blonde hair, the top half up in a bun with the rest falling down at his shoulders. His bright green eyes smiled at me just as much as his mouth did. My mouth fell open once I realized who was in front of me.

"Y-You're Present Mic," I stuttered, smoothing out my clothes trying to look nice for him.

The radio personality in front of me laughed. "Nice to meet you kid! I guess I don't need to introduce myself, but we'll do proper introductions later. But for now, come and sign in and find a seat that suits your fancy, little listener!"

I was starstruck. One of my favorite radio stars was going to be my English teacher. I took in a solid breath from my nose and sat in the front seat, closest to the wall. Mic walked over with a pad of paper and pen and placed it on the desk in front of me. I took them both like they were sacred items from God and carefully wrote out my name and student number like the paper requested. I slid them just next to me when I was finished, shot my teacher a quick smile, and took out my supplies for class.

I was doodling in my sketchbook when there was a soft tap on my shoulder. My head perked up and I looked towards the direction of the tap. Standing next to me was a cute girl. She had dark green hair, two space buns on her head while the rest of her hair laid behind her. She had a blue, yellow, and pink striped sweater on, her sleeves pushed up to just above her elbows, that complimented her long orange skirt. Her eyes were big and black and she smiled at me, a finger on her lip, "Do you think I could sit next to you?"

"Uh, sure!" I smiled, moving my stuff to the side to make more room for her. She smiled and set her frog themed ita bag down on the table and then sat down in the chair next to me. From the frog bag, she pulled out two notebooks, a planner, three different colored pens, two pencils, and an entire army of highlighters. "You sure are prepared for class huh?" I asked, looking at her arsenal of supplies.

"I try to be as prepared as I can. My boyfriend is always forgetting stuff so watch, by next week I'll have one pencil and a piece of paper," the girl giggled, holding her hand in front of her face as she laughed, a soft blush coating her cheeks. She held her other hand out and smiled at me, "My name is Tsuyu Asui, but call me Tsu." She said, her tongue sticking out of her mouth.