Chapter 4

I pulled out my phone and immediately texted Shinso. I paused at the texting screen and took in a few breaths just to keep myself breathing. The confrontation in the elevator must have made me more anxious and panicked than I realized. I didn't feel like I was in the right state of mind to drive and I hoped that texting him would help me level out. After a few minutes of typing and deleting, I just messaged him confirming his order from Taco Bell.

Me: Hey bro, you wanted a crunchwrap w/ a baja right?

I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, trying to calm myself down. I closed my eyes, and took another breath in and let my imagination take over. When I was like this, I usually imagined my mom and dad smiling at me, or my friend Kaminari reminding me to keep a level head, but this time? This time I imagined Bakugou, though not angry. He looked... peaceful in a way, almost like he was sleeping. His eyes were closed and lips were parted so perfectly, he almost looked like a doll. I moved my thumb over his cheek and felt his hand on top of mine. His eyes opened, but they didn't look angry, they looked almost dazed. His other hand reached around my head and he pulled my face closer to his. Just as our lips were about to touch, my phone started buzzing. I let out a yelp and jumped in my seat, my knees hitting my steering wheel. I let out a deep breath and stared angrily at my phone, though I knew I couldn't get mad. I mean, I did message Shinso after all.

Shinso: yee
Shinso: actually, get me 2 crunchwraps and 2 5 layers and the baja
Shinso: i crave the baja

I made a frustrated sound when I couldn't go back to my daydreams but sent him a text for confirmation:

Me: Gotcha. I'll be back in like... 20 minutes.

I plugged my aux cord into the bottom of my phone and opened up my Waze app. I got the app set up so that it would tell me where to go and set up my music, listening to my rock station radio and pulled out of the spot and onto the street.

When I pulled into the drive-thru, I also had to turn down my radio as well and pulled in behind a car. I heard my phone buzz and since I was waiting for the car in front of me to move, I decided to open it.

Shinso: [image attached] hey does this look good?
Me: That's amazing. You're so creative!
Me: Feel free to hang it wherever you see fit on the door.

I kept my phone in hand as the car in front of me moved up, prompting me to do the same. I turned down the radio and rolled down my window as a voice came through on the loudspeaker.

"Thank you for choosing Taco Bell, what can I started for you today?" The voice asked.

"Uh yeah, can I get two crunchwraps, two five layer burritos, and a large Baja Blast?" I called out, scanning the menu for something good.

"Alright, anything else?"

"Aaaaand a large number seven with a Pepsi," I said, adjusting myself so I could get my wallet out of my back pocket.

"Alright sir, so I have two crunchwraps, two five layer burritos, a number seven combo with a large Pepsi, and a large Baja Blast?" the voice asked, repeating my order.

"Yeah, sounds good," I confirm. He tells me my total and I pull up to the first window as instructed. I'm playing invisible drums with my fingers as I wait for someone to open the window.

I look over just to check and I see a guy in a Taco Bell uniform standing a the window, tapping on the screen and then open the window, "Hey man, total's gonna be $21.52... Eijirou?"

I gave the man my card and it took me a moment to process the fact that the guy with the bright yellow hair was, "Denki?! No way! Hey man. Your mom said you got a job, but I didn't realize it was here."

"Yeah! I'm workin' here part time so I can save up for my student loan debt. I really don't wanna be payin' those off for the next million years, you know?" He slid my card into his machine and waited for the receipt to print. Once the receipt printed, he scribbled something on it and handed it and my card to me through the window. "Though, I must say, crunchwraps and burritos aren't really your thing."

I rolled my eyes, putting my card in my wallet. "They're my roommates," I justified. I stalled for just a moment and poked my head out of the window, "Message me, dude. We need to hang out before the term starts or something!"

"I gave you my new number on the receipt, but party at my house! Next Saturday. You'll get to meet my girlfriend! Feel free to bring your roommate if you want," Kaminari offered, shooting me finger guns. "It'll be great!" I shot him a grin and pulled up to the next window when the car in front of my blared its horn. I had to wait just a few seconds for my stuff, but I grabbed the sodas and put them in my cup holders, grabbed the food and put it in my passenger seat. I got extra napkins and sauce from the girl at the food window and made my way back to campus once I had everything in order.

When I got back to the dorms and pulled into the parking lot, I raised an eyebrow as I saw a figured hunched over a small patch of grass, playing with a cat. I rolled my eyes and pulled up next to the person, "Hey. You wan' some food?"

Shinso looked over at me and offered me a quick huff of breath as a laugh, "Yeah sure. Sorry, I went to my car for tape and got distracted." He stood up and walked over to the car, holding out his hands for his drink and food.

I couldn't help but laugh as I handed him the bag of food and his drink through the window, "As long as you didn't lock yourself out, I don't mind. But you were a pleasant surprise. I don't know how I planned on bringing everything inside."

"Yeah, I thought of that too which is why I tried to time it. But even if I didn't stop to pet the cat, I would have been inside," he explained, taking a sip of his soda. "Thank you for dinner, Kirishima."

"No problem. I'm gonna go find a parking spot. Please don't eat my food while I'm gone." I got a thumbs up from Shinso and found my way into a spot that had just opened up. I locked up my truck and made my way over to Shinso, who had already downed half of a burrito.

"Couldn't wait?" I snickered, offering to take the bag from him.

"Sorry man, I'm hungry," Shinso mumbled through a mouthful of food. He handed me the bag and we made our way into the lobby. He took a look around and waved at Midoriya, who was sitting with a small group of friends one of the circles of chairs.

The small green haired boy waved back and excused himself from his friends to come over. "Hey! Would you guys be interested in going to a party?"

I blinked at him a couple of times and exchanged a look with Shinso, "I'm sorry, what?"

"My friend's boyfriend is throwing a party before the term starts and I wanted to know if you wanted to come," Midoriya explained, rubbing the back of his head. "I know we just met a couple of hours ago, but I don't think Kacchan would go with me and it'd be nice to know a few people there."

"Will there be alcohol?" Shinso asked from beside me. His expression was blank and he just sipped on his drink, seemingly unamused.

"I'm pretty sure," Midoriya said, a thoughtful expression on his face, "Yeah. I'm pretty sure Kyoka said that Denki was old enough to buy it. We're all pitching in for it so we have enough."

"Wait, Denki as in Denki Kaminari?" I ask as soon as he was done talking. "Yellow-haired guy, about... yay tall," I gestured to about my hairline, "Super clever but he's an idiot?"

"Yeah, that's him! But how do you know him?" Midoriya asked with a look of confusion washing over his face.

"That's my best friend!" I said, an excited grin on my face, "I haven't talked to him since he broke his phone but I saw him at Taco Bell working. He said something about a party at his house, so I'm down to go. It's next Saturday, right?"

Midoriya nodded, "Yeah! I guess I don't need to tell you the details or how to get there then, huh?"

I shook my head and shot him finger guns, "I've been to Denki's house more times than I can count. I know where to go."

"Cool! If I don't see you around, then I'll see you then!" His closed his big green eyes and smiled brighter than the sun.

"Yeah, see ya," Shinso said, lips still wrapped around the straw of his drink. He hit my chest and gestured to the elevator, "Come on. I'm hungry."