two | ain't it fun

Harry stood in front of the double doors of his college building while nervously tapping his fingers against the sides of his thighs, unsure of whether or not to go inside and start his new life as a freshman or call his mother to catch the first plane back home. He couldn't believe that he had been accepted into this highly prestigious school, but then again he could since he obtained a 4.0 all through high school.

He placed his hand on the handle of the door and waited for about a minute, spending that wasted time looking at his reflection in the glass. What if he didn't like it? Would this trip to America have been useless? He hasn't even seen the entire building yet and he felt like giving up this whole ordeal to go back home. Don't be such a pussy.

Just as Harry was about to open the door, a girl with blonde hair and pink streaks growled and pushed past him, seemingly annoyed with how long he was taking. Harry's cheeks burned red with embarrassment and moved forward, finding himself in a crowded hallway filled with students scurrying to get to class.

Harry gripped the strap of his boobag and tried to squint through the crowd as he walked in search of the office, getting pushed into by multiple people to the next. Man, Americans have no sympathy, thought Harry with agitation as he searched, losing his footing before knocking into another figure. Harry nearly fell on his ass, but the impact was more on the other guy, who was on the floor trying to pick up the papers that Harry knocked out of his hand.

"Oi! Ya gonna say sorry, dude?" asked the blonde guy, who appeared to be Irish from his clear accent. Harry muttered an apology and leaned down to help the guy pick up his papers, some of the people in the hallway deciding to make it difficult by walking on them. "Are you new? I'm Niall."

Harry stood up and brushed himself off after handing the papers to the guy, nodding his head and biting the inside of his cheek. "Yeah, I'm Harry Styles. Sorry again for bumping into you, I'm just trying to look for the office and its hard."

Niall's face was unreadable, but then like a light switch, he was smiling widely and his bright blue eyes were glowing with excitement. His personality seemed more bubblier than before, and suddenly Harry wasn't as intimidated, which was some sort of miracle. It must have been because he wasn't an American. "I was just about to go there. You can come with me if you want! The only problem is that you're going the wrong way."

Way to go, Harry, he thought to himself with annoyance. Niall placed his things underneath his arm and waved his hand over as he walked in front, gesturing for curly haired boy to follow him. Harry followed and continued to look around him, observing the posters hung up on the walls until he was inside of an office.

"Ms.Veronica! Do you have the schedule for my dear Harry Styles?" inquired Niall enthusiastically to a woman sitting behind the desk while drinking coffee.. She had jet black shiny hair that cascaded down her shoulders, and dark brown eyes that were covered by large thick framed glasses.

Harry watched as the woman nodded and opened up a drawer right next to her and pulled out a folder marked freshmen, picking through the pile until she found Harry's name on of the sheets before handing it over carefully. "Here you go. Welcome to America, Harry."

Harry smiled appreciatively and looked over his paper to see his classes, moving it to the side so that Niall didn't have to peek over his shoulder just to see it. He didn't have to be to class until fifteen minutes passed, which was a great thing since he didn't have to worry about being late. "Can you show me around in the meantime, Niall?"

"Ah, I wish I could, but I have to be to class in about five minutes. Can you find someone to show him around Ms.Veronica? Preferably someone with the same schedule." asked Niall with a small pout. Veronica rolled her eyes and pressed the dainty tip of her finger on the button at bottom of the intercom, moving forward so that her lips were hovering over the mic.