Chapter 7: Faded

Death. Such a dark thing right? It is something we all will face in the end. It's one of those things that is inevitable. It is all that could be thought of when the family and loved ones of our main robotic human friend found out what happened to him. EMTs arrived at the scene getting Pure out of his car. He was losing blood and freezing from the snow. The other car wasn't there is presumed to have driven off. Pure was taken to the hospital and was treated immediately. His parents were the first to find out and they were absolutely devasted. However, Charity was oblivious that her boyfriend was in the hospital until 2 hours after the accident when he didn't respond to her texts and calls. She got very worried that something has happened. So she decided to call his mother. Since his parents really like her she has their contact info. What she heard made her paralyze with fear, horror, and sadness. She about dropped her phone but kept strong but was crying on the other side. "H-How soon can I-I see him..?" Pure's mother said with sadness but a little bit of hopefulness. "We can take you there as long it's okay with your parents?" Charity looks around. "My mom isn't here right now. I can call her an ask?" Pure's mom gives a sign of go on. Charity hangs up and calls her mom and luckily she picks up. "Yes, Charity my dear?" Charity breathes in and out. "Mom. You remember Pure right?" Charity's mom gives a sign of agreement. "W-well, he is in the hospital ri-right now..." Charity tries to keep her composure as the tears start to form. "His mom told me this and she said she would pick me up to go see him as long as it was okay with you..." Charity's mother pauses for a second which felt like an eternity. "Go on and see him. I know how much he means to you. He was a really nice boy I'm okay with you going." Charity smiles brightly with tears. "Thank you, mom! I love you so much! I'll call you when I get there." Charity's mom sighs but happily. "Alright, sweetie be safe I'll pick you up after work." Charity thanks her mom and hangs up and texts Pure's mom that her mother is okay with it. 

Pure's mom tells Charity she will be there soon. Charity then gets ready and as she gets ready she finds Pure's black jacket with "You Are Free" printed on the back in white. She looks at it with sadness and hugs it close to her body and cries. "Please be okay Pure... I love you so much..." Charity lets the tears come out but she looks up and puts the jacket on and grabs everything else she needs. Even though she is sick she is determined. Charity's phone goes off and sees that Pure's mom texted her telling her she is here. Charity grabs her things and starts to head downstairs as she locks her apartment door.

Charity makes it downstairs and sees Pure's mom's car. This starts to makes Charity cry and she isn't afraid to show it because his mother would understand. Charity gets in the car and Pure's mother smiles and greets Charity. She looks to have been crying. Charity and Pure's mom hug. "Is there any good news? Any news at all?" Pure's mother shakes her head. "No, We haven't heard anything... I hope he gets out of the operating room soon.." Charity nods as tears form in her eyes. "I wish I was there to see him today... He was on his way to see me when it happened... I remember he texted me that he was on his way from the school to come to see me... I got worried when I woke up from my nap that I didn't hear from him... I thought I'll take a nap and he'll knock on my door to wake me up but I didn't know this happened..." Pure's mom nods. "He's a strong boy... I'm sure he can pull through this..." Charity nods and they drive to the hospital. 

They arrive at the hospital after a really silent car ride. Charity and Pure's mom walk into the hospital and found Pure's dad. Pure's dad and mom hug each other. "Have you heard anything?" His dad shakes his head no. Pure's mom looks sad and so does Charity. "I just can't believe ... This happened..." Charity says to herself as she takes a seat. A doctor walks out in surgery robes and looks to Pure's Mom and Dad. "Are you Mr. and Mrs. Placebo?"Pure's mom and dad look up. "Yes, we are. How is our son Doc?" The doctor looks down. "He's in a coma right now. He suffered head trauma and his arms and legs took severe damage. I will say I've never seen a boy with robotic arms and legs. We called the manufacturers that made them. They said they can repair his arms and legs its just. The blow to his head caused him to slip into this coma." Charity sighs in some relief but starts to cry. Her beloved boyfriend is in a coma that she isn't even sure he will get out of but he is at least alive and fighting. Pure's mom looks over to Charity and hugs her. "At least he's alive." She starts to cry and Pure's dad is the only one to keep his composure. "May we see him?" The doctor nods and all 3 of them walk towards Pure's hospital room.