Chapter 9: The Frey

(I will say now. When you see a video at the top of the chapter it's the song that inspired the chapter. At least it is what inspired me to write it. Anyways onto the chapter.)

As the snow comes down Charity and Allie make it to the hospital. Charity checks in with the receptionist who knows her well by now. Charity and Allie head towards Pure's room. Charity opens the door but sees no one there. Allie looks wide-eyed and so does Charity. "I checked everything and it said he still occupied this room... I can't say I prophesied this." Charity looks so shocked and her eyes start to well up tears as her mind goes to the dark places it so heavily tries to avoid. Allie pats Charity on the back. "It's not what you think Charity. We'll find him." Charity nods and looks over the bed and places her hand on it. She closes her eyes and she shivers and she looks at the pillow and a note is there. Charity picks it up and sees an eye with a fishtail. Charity opens it and reads.

The one named Charity. 

I understand that you love Pure. Well unlike some, People love his work. He has done much more for this world than he has probably told you. I mean look around your town. Do you see all the fisheyes? All the "You are free" logos? That is all his doing. He is setting a message to not be controlled by our company. To break free. He has made many followers to his message and it's destroying our business. I simply cannot allow that to happen. So we had to "take him back" for maintenance. 

I know you probably are angry right now but business is business. I abide you farewe----

The note ends abruptly as it looks to be scratched and tampered with. Charity looks on in sadness but she looks towards the bottom of the note and there is writing.

Hello miss Charity.

I know the note at the top must be scary but let's say I'm a close associate with Pure and I intend to keep him safe from their grasps. That's why he is in my custody for now. He talked so much about you to me. I can say I'm happy for him and you're a lucky girl to have someone like him in your life. I can't speak for long because the hospital will find me if I stay any longer. You don't have to worry about Pure. I will keep him safe. 

Signed - Frey. 

Charity reads confused and frustrated and sad. It's a mix of emotions and it doesn't suit well for Charity. Allie grabs the note and reads it all quickly. Allie nods and sighs. "Frey. I'm glad you came and saved Pure but jeez at least give me a bit of warning next time. He's my brother dammit." Charity looks at Allie with confusion. "You know this Frey?" Allie nods "He's a placebo just like me and Pure. He was apart of the distress call that was sent out by Pure so Frey and I came to his beckoning call but I guess this happened when I went to find you." Charity nods still confused though. "I know what you may be thinking. I would love to take you to Frey but I have no clue where he is by now. I could call him but there is no guarantee he will answer." Charity nods. "It doesn't hurt to try Allie." Allie nods and pulls out her phone and starts to type in his number. 

But someone comes out of nowhere and grabs the phone. "I wouldn't contract that number if I were you." Allie rolls her eyes. "What now Frey?" Charity and Allie look at the man. He wears a black and white suit with a black tie and black dress shoes. His neck and hands are covered in black. He wears a white mask with black eye holes with no facial features besides "You Are Free" logo shaped like a smile. He also wears white headphones that are stationed on the back of his head but still cover his ears. He has turquoise green hair. His voice was a bit deep but it sounded so familiar to Charity.