1; a date

If you see any mistakes, don't be afraid to point them out.

반찬*:
I should already be used to you arriving late by now...

(y/n):
I'm fashionably late actually lol, I'll be there in five minutes

I put away my phone in my bag, making my way towards the entrance of my home, grabbing the keys of my car from off the counter.

"I'll be back home late," I call out to my mom, who was in the kitchen, cooking lunch for her and my sister.

"Okay, have fun and don't do anything I would!"

I laugh at her comment and see my younger sister running up to me. I kneel down and she runs into my arms, hugging me tightly with her little arms. Still keeping her arms around my neck, she leans back, looking at me with her big eyes.

"Can I come with you?"

I sigh, giving her little forehead a quick kiss before answering.

"I'm sorry Mimi, today it's just going to be me and Channie."

She sulks, sticking out her bottom lip in a pout. With a smile I decide to make her a small promise.

"How about next weekend we take you to the arcade? I'll tell Channie to win a big toy for you, okay?"

Her pout quickly turns into a wide and excited grin, and her head begins to rapidly move up and down, very much liking my idea.

"Alright kiddo, I'll see you when I get back."

I give her one last hug then exit out the door, walking to my car - actually, more like skipping.

Chris and I had been planning this date for a while now. We've definitely spent time together, but it's usually with a plus two or three. Our last "date" was nearly two months ago, and it was just a movie night at his place.

If it wasn't for his parents watching over his every move, I'd actually consider it a date.

But I knew for a fact, today was going to be special. We both had our ideas for today, and I was very excited to see what Chris chose for our first activity.

I drove to the city park, where almost everything went down for the both of us along with the rest of the boys. It held a special place in our hearts, being where we hung out on the daily during our middle school days and then where Chris asked me out for the first time freshman year.

I smile and the memory, remembering how I turned him down before quickly engulfing him in a tight hug, laughing. He wasn't very happy with my joke but the fact that my stubborn ass was hugging the class clown took him by surprise and a smile came through.

Putting my car in park, I remove the key and climb out, scanning the playground for platinum dyed hair.

"Who are we looking for?"

I jump at his voice and spin around, smacking my boyfriends bicep in the process.

"What the hell Chris?" I snap, smacking him a second time.

His upper body falls forward as he holds his stomach while laughing. I can't help but laugh along, his contagious laugh hard to escape from.

Our fit of laughter stops and he just smiles while staring at me with a look of pure admiration, and I stare back. It's moments like this I have come to appreciate the most. When our eyes meet and the whole world around us disappears, and it's just us in this one moment of bliss.

"You ready for today, baby girl?" He asks, voice gentle as he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

I nod, "I'm ready for anything if you're by my side."

His face goes red immediately after my statement and he leans his head back, groaning. I smirk and poke his stomach in amusement.

"I win once again!" I giggle, continuing to poke him.

He sighs and softly pushes my hand away, "Yeah, yeah, I'll buy you ice cream after our date."

I smile proudly as I watch him walk to the other side of my car. We both climb in and I start the car again, reversing out of the parking space then driving out towards the city.

"So, Mr. Bang, what's first on our list?" I ask the boy sitting beside me, who was previously jamming out to a song on the radio before I turned down the volume.

"First I was thinking of just enjoying some music," he says sourly, pouting before we both burst out into a giggle fit.

"But for real," I manage through the laughter, "where to?"

"The café," he says with a smile, "just like old days."

I'm so excited to be starting a new book! This one is going to be way out of my comfort zone, but I like a challenge.

What do you think of the characters so far? Too predictable? Too boring? Or maybe just okay?

Please let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

*반찬: (ban-chan) side dish; a little joke since Chans name is very similar to the way it's pronounced.

Love ya ♡