2; doubts

If you see any mistakes, don't be afraid to point them out.

"Thank you so much for today Chris," I sigh, parking in front of the apartment complex he lives in. "You never fail to make me happy."

"Nah, it's nothing," he says, waving his hand dismissively before leaning back into the passenger's seat, closing his eyes and smiling.

I tilt my head sideways, "What's up?"

He opens his eyes and looks at me with those dark orbs that held so many strong emotions. I couldn't look away, so we just sat there in a comfortable silence accompanied by the soft sound of music from the radio.

"You should go," I mumble, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

He smiles, cheeks dusted pink.

"Call me when you get home, okay?" He asks as he turns and exits the car.

I roll down the window, waving my hand at him.

"I will, see you soon!"

He waves and I watch as he makes his way to the stairs of the complex, making his way up to the second floor. There, he turns to me and waves once more before disappearing down the hall.

A heavy sigh escapes through my nostrils as I start my drive back home. It's not a long drive, but alone it definitely feels like it. It doesn't take long for me to start indulging myself in my thoughts and the events that took place today.

It definitely was an amazing day, but I couldn't shake away what happened at the icecream shop.

"Yah! What are you doing?" I hiss, grabbing Chris's wrist and pulling it towards me.

He looks at me with pleading eyes, the ten resting gently in between his index and middle finger of the hand I'm pulling away.

"I'm paying," he says softly. "You've wasted enough money on me, let me do the same for you."

I look at the pale green paper then back at his brown eyes.

I let him pay, feeling guilty, but the smile he had made that feeling disappear completely. That cute smile of his wasn't a rarity at all, but because he was smiling over the fact he payed for me made it so I only fell even more in love with him.

It made me want to see it more, but I knew it wasn't possible. His family, as well as himself, weren't the most wealthy. His parents couldn't afford another car for their son, and he couldn't move forward with his dream because of how little he had.

He must've worked extra hours just to have enough money to pay for me.

"You could've just saved it."

"(y/n), I have saved more than I wasted," he says, "just enjoy your icecream!"

I smile as I slowly park my car in the driveway, turning off the lights, then pulling out the keys to bring the soft purr of the engine to a stop. The darkness and silence was calm, and I could imagine Chris beside me, just sitting. Silence was always nice with him.