Chapter 76

"and lay you down on a bed of ro--"

Napabangon ako mula sa pagtulog. That nightmare again I always dream of the last moment in my life hearing Peter's voice. I wiped the tears that were flowing from my eyes. I'm used to it, palagi na lang akong umiiyak sa tuwing napapanaginipan ko iyon.

Why does it hurt so much? Ang sakit Peter. I thought  I finally found someone who would stay by my side forever and will not leave me restless and hopeless like when my family died. But you left. Iniwan mo ako.

I couldn't help myself but to cry.  I miss him so much. I looked at the sky from my window and I see the stars. I remember his eyes. His blue sapphire-like eyes that used to shine like the stars in the night. Everything around me reminds me of him, everytime I close my eyes, I can see him in his space suit and it looks exactly as how he was when I last saw him. How can I move on kung palagi na lang siya ang nakikita ko?

Habang umiiyak ay bigla nag ring ang phone ko it was a call from the UASA chairman

I answered

"Lieutenant Monzanto--"

"--Armstrong" pagtatama ko sa kanya

"okay. Lieutenant Armstrong we know how you feel right now--"

"No you don't" I let those words out habang panay ang hikbi ko. I don't care kung maririnig niya yun sa kabilang linya.

"Look, we're sorry for what happened to Commander Armstrong"

"Can your sorry bring back my husband's life  huh?. Tell me you can and I'll accept your apology" binaba ko na ang tawag.

I'm not this mean. I'm not like this before. I used to be tough and full of hope pero bakit? Bakit ganun na lang ang epekto ng pagkawala ni Peter sa Buhay ko? Bigla na lang sumakit ang tiyan ko I caress it while tears are falling from my eyes.

I am 7 months pregnant with our Gravint Skynard. In my dreams Peter always tell me to take care of him and to guide him so that he'll grow with principle. See? Even our child inside me reminds me of him.

"I'm sorry baby if your mom is weak right now but I promise you that I will do my best to be tough for you. I love  you" at dahan dahan kong hinaplos ang aking  tiyan na lumalaki na.

KINABUKASAN ay dumating na si Aaron sa bahay. Peter had fixed the adoption papers of Aaron at ngayong araw na siya lilipat dito sa bahay. He looks so happy.

"Hi Aaron"bati ko sa kanya at binigyan ng isang mahigpit na yakap. By hugging him, memories of us from Thailand flashed back. I smiled but it was full of pain and sorrow.

"Hi tita Behati" he said. I smiled.

"Aaron can I ask a favor?"

"What is it tita?"

"Can you not call me tita?"

"Then what should I call you?"

"Can you call me mommy?"

"Of course....mommy"

I hugged him again.

"Since the adoption papers was fixed by your daddy Peter ahead of time, I will be your mommy from now on. Is it okay with you?" I asked and he nodded and hugged me back tightly.

Commander Mitts entered the house. Siya pala ang naghatid kay Aaron.

"Aaron I'll walk to to your room" Sabi ko kay Aaron tsaka hinatid siya sa magiging kwarto niya. I left him there because he seems so happy jumping in the soft mattress of the bed. With some toys.

Bumaba ako para kausapin si Commander Mitts

"How are you feeling right now Behati that Aaron is here?" She asked

"It feels so good but I feel sad at the same time. You know, it was Peter who initiated to adopt Aaron and that's all I can think of while looking at him" napansin ko na lang na tumulo na pala ang luha ko kaya pinunasan ko iyon at pilit na ngumiti.

"I can see that you still long for Commander Armstrong" Hinaplos niya ang likod ko na tila ba pinapatahan ako

"I just can't help it commander Mitts. It's too painful"

"Enough of the crying Mrs. Armstromg. I came here to ask you if will you still be an officer of the UASA so if not, I can assist you with your resignation" She said.

"I...I still don't know yet commander. I can't answer that question for now. But if I'll make up my mind I'll tell you" I said with assurance

"Okay. Just an advice Behati, UASA is not an easy organization to enter I know that you know that.  To let go of  this opportunity will be a great lost. Not everyone who wants to enter UASA can enter. But you, you are one of the luckiest woman pilot who have the chance to get into the UASA team and became a part of UASA's biggest project which is project Mars. All I'm saying is you're here now, I know that being a part of the UASA was your dream and now your living with your dreams. Don't let go of it." She said and all I can reply is a smile.

She's right in some ways but I'm having two kids here. I have a new dream now.

----